747-300 to rephis time. Am I in the business or what?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Almost like there was no pause. Are you still volunteering at the museum Bill?
Not really, it's just too far and up and down hills drive. Lonnng steep grades, too many speed changes, just an irritating drive, almost an hour each way. There is plenty of talent there. They've got a model guy doing some beautiful work on the large display models of the Super Connie. I've got plenty to do around the house, typical of an old retiree.

Thanks for your kind words.
So now to the pylons. First is the outboard pylon. Mold halves. The master was made from balsa and primed which worked well as the mold did not stick to it. Poured resin in by the bolster on top to ocate and align in the slot in the wing. Second photo same for the inboard which is longer. Third shows pylons and engines fitted before gluing, required some shaping. Fourth is the comparison old and new assemblies. Fifth are the wings, cracks repaired and the slots for the pylons. I'll have to start gluing these bad boys together this weekend, a Must.

Bill

Attachments

• 747 eng 6.JPG
    747 eng 6.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 747 eng 7.JPG
    747 eng 7.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 747 eng 8.JPG
    747 eng 8.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 228
  • 747 eng 9.JPG
    747 eng 9.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 747 wing 1.JPG
    747 wing 1.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 239
Thanks George.
Yesterdays work. First fitting pylons to the wings, all 4. Then fitting all 4 of the pylons to the engines. Last glueing and filling gaps, a coat of primer to check all.
Bit more filling on the engines today. Slowley but surely.......

Attachments

• wing 1.jpg
    wing 1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 205
  • eng 1.jpg
    eng 1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 220
  • eng 2.jpg
    eng 2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 227
It's coming along nicely. As long as it was between your postings on the site, I was starting to think that you had joined the choir invisible. Good to know that you're still among us.

Looking real good there

Bill, when you post pictures in this new version of the forum if you click the "Full Image" button after you download your pictures they will show up as pictures instead of thumbnails. With multiple pictures there is a "Full Image" button for all the pictures.

Thanks guys. Did some more filling and shaping pylon fairings yesterday and will sand to finish this arvo after an eye exam.
They got my reading glasses wrong. I guess this is what happens when the are made up in Hong Kong.
Back later with pics before I stickem on the wings!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back