8 dead in Georgia Trailer Park Mass Murder (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
The man who called 911 about a mass killing at a Georgia mobile home park is under arrest on drug and other charges, but police said today that whoever carried out the horrific crime is likely still on the loose.
Ga. police arrest man who reported 7 dead, 2 hurt in mobile home; man was victim's relative
Glynn County investigators work on the porch of the house at the New Hope Plantation mobile home park in Brunswick, Ga., where seven people were found slain Saturday morning, Aug. 29, 2009.

"There is somebody out there we're looking for," Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said today. We just don't know who that person is."

Seven people were dead and two were critically injured when police arrived on the scene Saturday, but today another person died, bringing the death toll to eight, police said.

At a news conference this evening Doering identified the person who died today as 19-year-old Michael Toler, but did not say how the man died or identify any of the other victims.

He also announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.

Guy Heinze Jr., 22, the man who called 911, was charged with drug possession and making false statements to police. He is accused of possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, tampering with evidence, and obstruction of an officer, which is related to making false statements to police.

"We have evidence he lied to us about the investigation and facts about it, and also he tampered with evidence from the crime scene," Doering said.

Heinze is a relative of one of the victims, and the police chief said he was not being charged in the killings. He said police have not identified a suspect yet.

"Be aware. Be alert. Don't think it's OK, because it ain't," Doering said. "There's an individual we would like to know about that's not at the scene."

Guy Heinze Jr., 22, the man who called 911, was charged with drug possession and making false statements to police. He is accused of possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, tampering with evidence, and obstruction of an officer, which is related to making false statements to police.

"We have evidence he lied to us about the investigation and facts about it, and also he tampered with evidence from the crime scene," Doering said.

Heinze is a relative of one of the victims, and the police chief said he was not being charged in the killings. He said police have not identified a suspect yet.

"Be aware. Be alert. Don't think it's OK, because it ain't," Doering said. "There's an individual we would like to know about that's not at the scene."

The police chief said he is "confident" the killer will be caught in what local authorities are calling the worst mass slaying they have ever seen, but warned residents to be on the lookout.

"Everyone needs to be cautious," he said. "I would not rule out anything right now. I wish I could say differently."

Early Saturday, investigators found the nine victims near the center of the New Hope Plantation trailer park. Police have yet to release many details in the case, including the identities or ages of the victims and how they died.

But today, Doering indicated that police know a bit more than they are saying.

"I am absolutely certain 100 percent what happened," Doering said. "Absolutely certain how it happened -- now the question is, who's responsible?"

He ruled out the killings as a murder-suicide, saying none of the victims were suspected of being involved in the murders.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8447462

False reports, lying to the police, tampering with evidence....is it just me, or does this jerkoff sound like he *might* have been involved somehow? I'm not there or privy to any of the insider info, so this is just speculation, but something sounds a bit odd.

Your right, they have him detained right now. 2 people went to the Hospital alive, one had just passed away and the other is in critical condition. If the person who is still alive makes it, this case could be figured out. I think they would probably detain him until the victim in the hospital can explain what happened, just a thought.

Definitely more to the caller than is known right now. I am sure more info will tie him in to the murders to some degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back