A Classic if ever there was one

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Hi guys, a few images of the Great MiG-21 has been added to my site.

992%2002_zpshhdthrfa.jpg

5141%2002_zpsjxq2vong.jpg

MiG-21L_zpsha5lydbb.jpg

63_zpsziwgo7ud.jpg

Take a look here: warbirds

Nice group of photos!

I wish I had been able to spend more time at the forgotten little Cold War display at the airport in Burgas, Bulgaria, but we were in a hurry.

They have one there, and it's in need of a little TLC...

IMGP28911[720x479].jpg

Cheers guys. Capt. Vick, the MiG-21L Analog is indeed the Tu-144 wing test bed; Analog was the name the Russians gave it (had to check that; it meant that it was analoguous to the Tu-144). I photographed it on a horrible day at Monino; it was raining and foggy and half of my pics turned out blurry, but I was able to salvage some of them. Three hours wandering around in the rain sheltering under the wings of some very exotic aeroplanes.

Terry, the MiG-21 is at the Udvar Hazy Center in the US; I'm not sure of its history and NASM don't give any such info, just adding that it was displayed at an exhibition of Soviet hardware, so, you're probably right. I know the MiG-15 at that museum is a defector; it's in North Korean markings next to an F-86.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back