A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1604065417071.jpg

News from Atlantis Models Co, the company that is reissuing many old Revell and Monogram classic kits.

In May 2021 they will reissue the famous 1/12 Scale R-1820 "working" model kit for $34.99. I am looking forward to getting one of those!

In January 2021 they will reissue the 1/40 Nike missile kit for $21.99

I guess both of these kits are the originally Renwal kits

Two new kits from ICM are due soon, both in 1/32nd scale, and should be very popular.
First is a DH Tiger Moth, retailing at around £35 in the UK, and the 3D images om Hannant's website show what looks like another very nice kit from this company, and I think the first injected kit of this aircraft in 1/32nd scale since the old Matchbox example form the 1970's.
Second kit is what looks like a very nice model of the Fiat CR 42, with UK price around £45, not bad at all for this fairly large biplane fighter.
Both kits can be put on "back order / pre-order" at Hannant's, at a slightly reduced price, and I'm tempted, even though I'm running short of display space, and have far too may kits already !
Pics of the box art work below.

Tiger Moth ICM kit.jpg
Fiat CR42 ICM.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, me too, to an extent.
Like you, I prefer to work to a "constant" scale, in 1/48th, but I do like to have a few 1/32nd scale models of certain subjects, although I suddenly find I have more than I thought ( six 1/32nd Spitfires, for example !!!) , and the trouble is, the space they take up, where one, 1/32nd scale Spitfire, for example, takes the space of around two to three in 1/48th scale and some types even "fighter size", are just a tad too big for "standard size" cabinet shelves
Is the "Canadianised" Tiger Moth more complex ?
I haven't really studied it, but I thought it was just the addition of a canopy, which could be moulded . The pic below shows a conversion from the old Matchbox 1/32nd scale kit, on display at Elvington.

Elvington 246.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back