A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Back in the late 60's I had an E Boat or a PT model, about a foot long and wanted to sink it using a pellet gun. I put it in a creek pond that ran through our property and climbed up the bank about 80' away with the intention of hitting it in the hull and watching a dramatic sinking. First shot hit the bottom of the bridge and ripped it and the deck off....no dramatic sinking

When I was a young lad my friend built a Revell Spitfire with its demise in mind. Before gluing the fuselage halves together, he found a narrow pill container, filled it with gasoline, glued the lid on and then glued it into the fuselage. A hole in the wing tip allowed a string to be knotted there, the purpose of which was to enable the operator to swing the model around his head at a suitable "safe" distance after the model had been set on fire. The speed of the swing provided the needed oxygen for full combustion and the gasoline added a dramatic and spontaneous effect, after which the string was let go and the model was sent flaming and streaming black styrene smoke into the Humber River.

If only we had cell phones then.....

And Terry kept telling bad jokes because he wooden listen!
When I was a young lad my friend built a Revell Spitfire with its demise in mind. Before gluing the fuselage halves together, he found a narrow pill container, filled it with gasoline, glued the lid on and then glued it into the fuselage. A hole in the wing tip allowed a string to be knotted there, the purpose of which was to enable the operator to swing the model around his head at a suitable "safe" distance after the model had been set on fire. The speed of the swing provided the needed oxygen for full combustion and the gasoline added a dramatic and spontaneous effect, after which the string was let go and the model was sent flaming and streaming black styrene smoke into the Humber River.

We'd all be in prison for arson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back