A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A new pre-order just announced by Atlantis. Reissue of the old Monogram kit. I have been waiting for this one!

AtlantisR-18201.jpg

I just bought four of them, one for me and some for friends. I am hoping Atlantis got the rights to the Renwal R-1340 1/4 kit and they will release that. I have a Williams Bros 1/8 scale R-1340 Wasp kit as well. Hobby Lobby had all their kits on sale 40% off a while back and I bought the Atlantis Allison Turboprop, formerly Renwal.

Attachments

• RenwalR-1340-1.jpg
    RenwalR-1340-1.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 29
  • AtlantsiAllisonTurbo-1.jpg
    AtlantsiAllisonTurbo-1.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 25
The only model engines I know of that are of similar scale are automotive engines, such as the V-8 and Wankel from Renwal and the 1/8 scale Chevy V-8 from Monogram. I do not think any of those kits are currently in production.

Some airplane kits come with an engine. Examples include the old Monogram 1/32 F-51D Phantom Mustang, the Revell 1/32 P-40E, Spitfire I, BF-109F, Hurricane II, Typhoon 1B, and the older Dragon and later Revell 1/32 P-51D. Those are pretty rudimentary engines on those kits, though, as in consisting of about two pieces plus two for the exhausts.

I was given a pine coffee table so I thought I may get a couple of 1/48 aircraft to make and put under a glass top. or added interest I was thinking
engines in a larger scale to put on the sides of the planes to show what went in them. One day.

There are a few 1/48 airplanes that come with engines. The only WWII aircraft example I can think of right now is the Fujimi P-51D, a kit which gets a pretty bad review in the Detail and Scale book, but the unbuilt example I have looks quite nice. The Hawk T-33A and the UPC 1/50 F-86D have engines that can be removed as well. That kind of thing would be good for inside a coffee table because it is difficult to find a place where you can present one with the panels all opened but where it can be protected and not collect dust.

Are there other engines eg Merlin, DB series in the bigger scales ?
Yes ! HPH ( shop.hphmodels.cz) has 1/18 scale : DB 605 (Bf 109G-6), Packhard (Merlin) P-51, BMW (HE 163) and AUSTRO-DAIMLER 160 Hp AVIATIK (BERG) D.I (WW I)
Also from NORTH STAR ( www.northstarmodels.com) in 1/32 & 1/16 scale: SIEMENS-HAlSKE Sh.III (SS.D-III and Pflaz Dr I and Pfalz D-VII & D.VIII) plus the below..Albatros H.1
320px-Albatros_D-IV_%284822767482%29.jpg

The Albatros D.IV was an experimental German fighter aircraft built and tested during World War I

Albatros H.I
Albatros D.XI
LFG Roland D.IX
LFG Roland D.XVI
Siemens-Schuckert D.II
Siemens-Schuckert D.IV
Siemens-Schuckert D.VI

I have all 5 engine kits and will display them with the respective a/c models and all are really nice!

Ed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back