A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hobbycraft are back on the scene, and some of their 1/32nd scale kits have been re-released, at very reasonable prices.
The Hawker Sea Fury, in the 'Nato Defender' boxing (RN, RCN and RAN markings) is at Model Hobbies at a very low £22.49 (approx $35 US) - it was around £45 to £50 when last released! A basic, but reasonable kit, where the slight inaccuracies are easily overcome - I'm slightly tempted here!
Also re-released are three of the P-51A/A-36 kits, although no sign yet of the RAF Mustang Mk.1/1A, but this can be achieved with a little work on one of the 'A' kits.
Released so far are: P-51 'Operation Torch'
P-51A 'Air Commandos'
A-36A Apache.
All priced at a very reasonable £26.99 (approx $40 US) prices shown are at Model Hobbies (UK).
The Mustang kits are from the scaled-up 'Accurate Miniatures' 1/48th scale moulds, and therefore have the same level of detail (and the same minor inaccuracies), with some minor areas showing somewhat 'soft' detail, again, easily rectified if required. At these prices, anyone wanting an Allison-engined Mustang/Apache variant can't go wrong - methinks I might be investing in one for an RAF version, once my wallet recovers from the shock of camera purchase!
EDIT: Corrected post, the first kit should have read 'P-51'.

Last edited:
Cory, I read somewhere (forgotten where) that Hobbycraft are back in business, and have published their kit listing, although the latter isn't the complete list as originally available. Not sure if it's the same people, or a buy out, but at least they're back, and with the 1/32nd scale kits around again. Just wondering if their 1/32nd scale Spitfires and the Harvard will be re-released.

The Revell 1/48th scale Seafire MkXV has now been released. Photos of an assembled and painted kit look rather nice. I love the Spit, but can't quite come to terms with a flappy wing version!

Yep, I'm sure Airfix will follow their forthcoming PR19 with a high-back MkXIV in the not too distant future. Then I'd guess maybe a low-back XIV/XVIII. I'll hold my breath over a Mk21 though. (although cross kit their Mk22/24 with a MkXIV and job's done.)

Well, they've started the ball rolling with the '109E1/3/4 kit, so you never know. But sod that, there's plenty of good kits of '109s, P-51s etc in 1/48th - where's the Airfix 1/48th RAF Phantom, Lancaster and so on .............

Thanks Wayne, I'll have a dekko. Been waiting to see the '109, which was due in at Hannant's in December, but no sign yet.
EDIT: Just had a look - last update today, 31st January, but can't see anything on the '109 or Ju88 ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back