A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, I remember that now I've been reminded.
The first Tamiya Panther I built would be around 1969 and, from memory, although it didn't have the electric motor, the lower hull still had the mouldings for the motor mounts and the battery cradle.
I built another around 18 years ago, which I'm fairly sure was the same kit, pre-dating their later kits of the Ausf A and Ausf G series.

The original 'Panther' kit also firmly established 1/35th as the standard scale for the majority of Tamiya's military vehicles and accessories
I had heard that Monogram's tank and military vehicle kits of the 60's were 1/35 and since they seemed to be the best on the market at the time Tamiya copied that scale. Ironically, Monogram switched to 1/32 for its later kits such as the PKZfw IV and Assault gun, Whirblewind, armored car, and Grant, Lee, and Sherman, etc..

Revell had taken over a number of Adams kits in 1/40 and thus based their own kits on that scale, and even brought out a highly detailed 1/40 A-1 Skyraider, but that scale never caught on.

I remember that my older brother built a very detailed Skyraider in a scale slightly larger than 1/48th.
It had detailed cockpit, and removable engine cowls and other panels, very advanced for the day, so I'm guessing that's the 1/40th scale kit mentioned above.
I might be wrong, but in the late 1970's some of the range of Italieri (now Italeri) military vehicles kits was in 1/32nd scale, although the same subjects seem to now be available in 1/35th.

I got one of the Revell 1/40 A-1 kits back in the 70's and have an unbuilt one now.
Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 19-46-07 Revell Douglas A-1 Skyraider.png

Some new releases from Squadron:

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 19-34-28 Tons of NEW Upcoming Model Kit Releases! - Squadron Hobbies ...png
Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 19-33-49 Tons of NEW Upcoming Model Kit Releases! - Squadron Hobbies ...png

Not my area of interest, but certainly looks like a nice kit.
Possible options for "short tail or long tail" too ..... cough !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back