A look at German fighter Ace kill claims (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can prove it when you find the actual wreckage itself and see the details match the record.
There is NO WAY to match wreckage with a victorious pilot 80 years after the fact.

You have NO IDEA who shot down any wreckage you find today, much less back in 1946.

Erich Hartmann didn't have bullets that nobody else had and he didn't sign his bullets or paint them with dye marks.

What you have is a theory and a paper case. That and a small bit of money will get you a cup of coffee, maybe.

Research is research; it isn't proof of anything except fodder to form a theory. Might be a good theory, and MIGHT even be true. Proving it is another matter entirely.

Oh so you think that the loss could go missing at all these levels?

In the VA report

In the corps report

In the Division report

In the regiment report

In the personnel loss report

In the front report

In other units reports that were in the area (and then the same thing here so their VA report, corps report, division report, regiment report, personnel loss report, front report)

For me the outcome that they all go missing is too far fetched and so I say I have every loss.

It may, it may not. Can incomplete reports at some levels definitely verify 100% a loss, or its reason for loss? Or even its location, time, etc.

In a perfect world, I would agree with you.

Mod, your post 335 is hardly civil man, thought that was what you asked for explicitly in post 295. And I did not insinuate that you called CHen10 that. I am just shocked that as a mod you let yourself go.
Then go call me an ass and exhibit plenty condescending attitude.
All this, and you are a mod. If pointing this out is getting under your skin...
Rather, provide documented evidence supporting your opinion as a contribution.
I never said memes cannot be posted. I just want everyone to remain civil.
You said the above in response to my post 228. I am telling you that in post 228 you were not the mod, it was the other one.
Maybe you're reading too much into it. I don't think L Luft.4 is trying to annoy you.
Exactly. I am apparently trying in vain to have those dismissing RLM directives over their own personal opinion to present some additional evidence to support their side.

There is NO WAY to match wreckage with a victorious pilot 80 years after the fact.

You have NO IDEA who shot down any wreckage you find today, much less back in 1946.

Erich Hartmann didn't have bullets that nobody else had and he didn't sign his bullets or paint them with dye marks.

What you have is a theory and a paper case. That and a small bit of money will get you a cup of coffee, maybe.

Research is research; it isn't proof of anything except fodder to form a theory. Might be a good theory, and MIGHT even be true. Proving it is another matter entirely.
I assume you have done research past reading books than have you? archival visits, field expeditions, communicating with the top echelon of researchers from various countries who write the book we read about? What you states is simply not true.
One is able to state who shot down who if enough data is gathered.

Peter Düttmann claimed a Boston at a location (can't recall from memory) at a time (can't recall from memory) and a Boston went down in the same location and same time.

Soviet loss report mentions serial number of the Boston

Verified Victories includes a picture of the Boston wreckage with the serial number intact and it matches the serial number in the loss report.

Clearly this was Düttmann's victory

Mod, your post 335 is hardly civil man, thought that was what you asked for explicitly in post 295. And I did not insinuate that you called CHen10 that. I am just shocked that as a mod you let yourself go.
Then go call me an ass and exhibit plenty condescending attitude.
All this, and you are a mod. If pointing this out is getting under your skin...
Rather, provide documented evidence supporting your opinion as a contribution.

You said the above in response to my post 228. I am telling you that in post 228 you were not the mod, it was the other one.

Exactly. I am apparently trying in vain to have those dismissing RLM directives over their own personal opinion to present some additional evidence to support their side.

I don't have to provide evidence for something I am not trying to prove or disprove. Nor do I have a desire to prove or disprove. I am merely playing devils advocate, and pointing out uncertainties in the data.

How about this. do not address me, and I will not address you. That is the best way to move forward.

I don't have to provide evidence for something I am not trying to prove or disprove. Nor do I have a desire to prove or disprove. I am merely playing devils advocate, and pointing out uncertainties in the data.

How about this. do not address me, and I will not address you. That is the best way to move forward.
As long as you don't go on calling others an ass or stating something is bullshit...

And another display of condescending attitude by the mod himself. Please go on, I believe you wanted to back in post 374 and even before.
On one hand you want civil discourse, on the other you state posts are bullshit.
A hollow apology too then, eh?

And another display of condescending attitude by the mod himself. Please go on, I believe you wanted to back in post 374 and even before.
On one hand you want civil discourse, on the other you state posts are bullshit.
A hollow apology too then, eh?

No I apologized sincerely when I insulted you. I should not have called you an ass, regardless of how I felt. If you don't accept that, thats your problem, not mine.

I won't apologize for saying the word bullshit, because I was not saying that about the person. I explained that to him as well, and he seems to understand that, and we have moved on. It's not hard to understand.

So I ask one final time for you to stop making something out of nothing. Drop it and move on. I said I am going to recuse myself from this discussion, and will only act as a moderator going forward. There is one thing you are correct on, that I should not let my feelings get the best of me. I have to be a moderator first. Believe it or not, I respect you for reminding me of that. I'm not the asshole you think I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back