A Mig-21MF Fishbed from Vietnam - Trumpeter kit in 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Alberto. I don't know if the speed breaks were similar on all models of the -21 but I can't see them here...

1577126239225.png

Happy Holidays to you and yours

Looking good Alberto.
Strange set-up with the tank and speed brake - maybe Wojtek can add some info.

Have a great Christmas my friend.

Hello everybody! After more then a month I'm ready to post some picture of my model painted and ready for decals, but the first photo concern a conflict: if the ventral speed break is in the open position, it's impossible to install the central auxiliary tank! Therefore, after spending some time to paint and weather it, I had to glue it in closed position.
View attachment 564852View attachment 564851View attachment 564851View attachment 564852View attachment 564853View attachment 564854View attachment 564855View attachment 564856View attachment 564857View attachment 564858
May be I'm wrong but that means that had to be ejected in any circumstances before landing.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year

The third bottom aerodynamic brake was blocked in the closed position if there was installed the auxiliary tank or other pods at the central belly pylon. There could be used these two front ones only.

Excellent work! I am currently working on my 4th Vietnam Phantom and love your choice
of subjects and the work you have put into it, spectacular job! I work in 1/72 and am considering
an Eduard new Mig-21 which is also very well detailed like this. Model on, am following with much
interest.- John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back