A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's coming from a Dutch scholar, with emphasis on the Dutch POV of the campaign. Came highly recommended. I'm trying to broaden my library to include voices other than American during that time.

I'll second my support for anything written by Peter Boer. He's one of the best historians for Dutch military (esp aviation) during WWII - I've been exchanging notes with him for a number of years now and you'd be hard pressed to find a more thorough researcher. He's also a really nice bloke...a true Gentleman!

Got the this book recently. Picked up the Kindle edition for our I-Pad.

index.jpg

latest to arrive.....Kagero mini booklet and the Bf109F book from MMP

Attachments

• Kagero_Polish Mustangs-2887.jpg
    Kagero_Polish Mustangs-2887.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Kagero_Polish Mustangs_2889.JPG
    Kagero_Polish Mustangs_2889.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 55
  • MMP_Bf109F_2890.jpg
    MMP_Bf109F_2890.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 60
Nice one's Wayne. The Bf-109 has my attention :)

Picked these up today at a half price book store. Looked interesting but I know next to nothing about either one.

Attachments

• French.JPG
    French.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 62
Good hauls chaps.
Paul, 'The Forgotten Few' is an excellent book, and pulls no punches regarding the way the Poles were treated by Britain and her allies at the end of the war, just to 'keep sweet' with Stalin. A good partner to the book is 'For your freedom and ours', concentrating on the Kosciusko squadron, by Lynne Olson and Stanley Cloud, and well worth reading - and remembering.

Good hauls chaps.
Paul, 'The Forgotten Few' is an excellent book, and pulls no punches regarding the way the Poles were treated by Britain and her allies at the end of the war, just to 'keep sweet' with Stalin. A good partner to the book is 'For your freedom and ours', concentrating on the Kosciusko squadron, by Lynne Olson and Stanley Cloud, and well worth reading - and remembering.

Thanks Terry, Will have to add it to my wish list then. Its early yet but starting a wish list for the EAA this year as some books on Amazon are just way overboard and well I know I can get them at least regular price there.

Yes, I know what you mean. I saw a couple of books on Amazon recently, which I nearly bought, but fortunately found them much cheaper elsewhere. I've just ordered 'The Fighting Cocks', the history of 43 Squadron, RAF, direct from Pen and Sword, as they have a sale on at the moment . Normal retail price is £25, got it for £12.50 !!
It's worth having a look at their web-site, as there's some good stuff at reduced prices.

Nice ones there David,

I didn't not see any reference to it. Here is a picture of the subjects covered. Let me know if you can't read it and I will see about making a scan tomorrow.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back