A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just received Christopher Shores Volume Two of the History of Mediterranean Air War Feb 1942 to March 1943. All 736 pages of it. Now to find time to read it

It is. The first section is very interesting its a summary of ebb and flow of combat as written by the pilots of both sides. Briefly there is no doubt that the arrival of the Spitfire even in its Mk V version had a huge impact on the morale of both sides. We can look back and agree that the 109F was at least as good as the Spit V and the G was a big improvement but on the ground floor the fact that it was a Spitfire weighed on the minds of the German pilots. Also all parties held the other pilots in high regard. Most of the German pilots agree that their priority was to fight the allied fighters and this was in hindsight an error as the allied bombers nearly always got to the target, whereas the German bombers suffered heavy losses.
Most of the Germans felt sorry for the Italian pilots, there was nothing wrong with their skill but the aircraft were generally obsolete.

Last edited:
Help! Recently purchased "Barbarossa Victims: Luftwaffe Kills in the East", a Mushroom Model Magazine Special, but it was missing pages 90 91. :evil: Does anyone have this book and is willing to make some high quality scans and forward them to me? Thanks, Jim

barbarossa.jpg

Yeah...and the pages where falling out and there was a lot of high lighting in the book. In the end they gave me a full refund and said keep the book. So I got that going for me. I just would like to get the missing pages!

Sorry Vic, don't have that book but if I do at some point I will make the scans for you. That sucks!!!

Help! Recently purchased "Barbarossa Victims: Luftwaffe Kills in the East", a Mushroom Model Magazine Special, but it was missing pages 90 91. :evil: Does anyone have this book and is willing to make some high quality scans and forward them to me? Thanks, Jim

View attachment 265345

Picked up a new one, together with my three Battle of Britain books, PM me your snailmail address and I'll send it over to you, as soon as I have it!

As I don't have any books on Battle of Britain, I picked up these three.....

41wgLysLsL_zpseaktvpfh.jpg

5175570KaSL_zpsk4cuiceq.jpg

51ESVNRE9AL_zpsc1d8uvr7.jpg

......and I saw this one for a few pennies, brand new and after Jim's (Capt. Vick) wee mishap with his copy, I picked it up to toss it in his direction when it arrives....

4115NWBNESL_zps8wj0drna.jpg

Picked these up today in the top picture and just ordered the last two today as well

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1.png
    1.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.png
    2.png
    29 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
What's the bottom left like?

:thumbright:

Jan,

It examines the psychology, myths and reality of the kamikaze program. Detailed accounts of training, weapons, and actual attacks, by air and sea, illustrate the idealism of young men wanting to die for the greater glory of their nation. What caught my eye is it names some of the pilots, what they did before the war and what some of them did during the war. Looks quite fascinating to be honest.

Assumming you are talking about he Kamakaze book

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back