A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, it's the 2 Group book - thought it was one of the B-25 books you've recently bought.
Think I might get that one, as I've been looking at it for some time now.
There seems to be an intermittent problem with loading pics - it was there in my post when first posted, but the problem has been seen in your reply earlier, and in a post by Jeff in his GB thread, where just a J Peg icon is showing, which doesn't 'open' when 'clicked' on.
Let's see if it'll appear this time around.

Mitchell II 98 Sqn.jpg

Last edited:
Yep can see it now :), yeah the second group book has tons of info in it. totally surprised by amount of info. One of those that you need to have a good night sleep before reading to absorb everything. Then again I don't have many books on British squadrons and groups.

Strange, this disappearing image thing !
I've now seen it in a few threads, where the image was there originally, but now there's just the jpeg icon - I've reported it in the 'Problems' section.
Thanks for the feedback on the book Paul, I think I'll bite the bullet and get the book - looks like an essential addition to the library, especially as I have had the privilege of meeting, and corresponding with, former 2 Group aircrew, most sadly now passed.

Got the same thing happening. I could see Terry's pic earlier and not now. Still can't see Paul's pics and this is after I cleared my cache/history and re-logged in.

Geo

It all started in a deserted diner ....................
Bl**dy strange - the second attempt at posting the pic was successful, but now it's not showing. Darned Leap Year aliens have stolen our pics, and will be posting them on Intergalactic Facebook !

Anyway Paul, I've found and ordered a good, used, copy of the 2 Group book, way below what I expected to have to pay, and I should have it by the end of next week. Thanks for posting it, as I've wanted this book for some time, but forgot about it. Last time I looked, it was quite expensive, but average price now is around £8 - there was one shown at one penny, with £2.80 shipping, but it lacked a good description of its condition, so I went for one in good condition - no marks apart from normal creasing to the spine.

Great to hear Terry, will let you know if I find anything on the B-25 pictures though right now the gremlins seem to be affection all the pictures now.

Yesterday, there was a period of time when uploaded pictures weren't attached to the database correctly. Initially these were displayed fine then disappeared. If these were uploaded again all started to be fine .

"The Flying Dutchman" is a good insight into RAF Mitchell operations Paul. I passed it on to Marcel, but I might grab another copy, just for the photos and a diagram.

"The Flying Dutchman" is a good insight into RAF Mitchell operations Paul. I passed it on to Marcel, but I might grab another copy, just for the photos and a diagram.

Very cool Terry, Now I have to tear myself away from ordering to reading :) I have quiet a few now to read LOL

I'm the opposite - I have to stop reading, and get back to the bench !
Just been doing some more research, and need to make and fit a 'Gee' monitor for the Mitchell, and mark the relevant positions for the whip antennae. The equipment was fitted from February 1944, although it will have to be an educated guess as to where it was actually mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back