A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20160328_142702.jpg

Picked this up from Squadron. A little miffed that the corner was dented, but not enough to actually DO anything about it. Actually I was really surprised the 25 came out when it did. It seemed like only yesterday that 24 was published. Boy how time flies.

20160328_141417.jpg

Picked up this one at a bit of a discount. The dust cover is a bit mangled and the pages have become unstuck from the spine, but it is readable and nothing has fallen out so I'm good. Liked volume one a little better.

Nice ones Jim, if the pages still stuck to the main sheet try putting some gorilla glue in the inside gap to re-stick to the spine. I had to do that to a couple of my books

20160330_085252.jpg

Listen-up brothers, this one is tricky. First off this book is awesome! Especially if you love the Do 26, Bv 138 and the catapult ships that serviced them and other seaplanes. But it you intend to actually buy a copy for yourself here is a little advise to possibly save you a nice chunk of change.

Firat a little backgroud. The last aviation tome that this publisher put out was about the magnificent Me 321/323 Giant and it was issued in two distinct versions, one aimed at German speakers and one (at a higher price) for the English speaking market. There were actual differences made by the publisher in each book.

However, inspite of all the prepublication adverts seem to indicate that this was AGAIN going to be two distinct printings, THIS DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE THE CASE! From what I have been able to glee for various sources there is only one issue of this book!

The only added "bonus" you get if you buy the imported "English" version here in the states is 8 pages of English translations for the German picture captions. This is not even provided by the publisher, but by the supplier!

So, in closing, if you want this book I would recommend you buy the significantly lower priced issue from Europe (even with shipping it's cheaper) and hope a good friend will share his translations with you. Wink!

20160330_085401.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back