A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one arrived today:

51QXX74i%2BcL.jpg

It's a rare book to find because it was self-published by the author. Managed to score an ex-library (6th form college) copy that was in excellent condition for $25 including postage from the UK. Total bargain! I've seen second hand copies go for well in excess of $100. I'm a happy camper.

Been looking for this book for many years. For the uninitiated, 92 Sqn was a quite remarkable unit. At the outbreak of hostilities, the Sqn CO was Roger Bushell, later to become "Big X" of Great Escape fame. Other pilots included Bob Stanford-Tuck, Don Kingaby, Johnny Kent, Brian Kingcome, Peter Cazenove (who force-landed Spitfire P9374 on a French beach...the aircraft was recovered in 1981 and is now airworthy again), Allan Wright and Geoffrey Wellum (Wellum's book "First Light" is my favourite first-hand account of the Battle of Britain).

A few new additions to the library. The first book was a surprise when I got it as its a 1st revision even though I had ordered a second edition. The other surprise was it was signed by 3 aces. Picked it up for 12 bucks so not complaining

5.jpg

1.jpg
2.png
3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back