A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's a bit sad when you're responding to you're own posts...but this was too good not to share.

Chapter 2 describes the constituent parts of the 29th Brigade one of which was 1st Bn, Royal Ulster Rifles. Following the British Army's regimental tradition of local recruiting, this Bn was drawn predominantly from Northern Ireland but a large number of soldiers hailed from the Republic of Ireland. This resulted in a mix of Protestant and Catholic soldiers in the same unit, leading to the following tale recounted by one of them:

The regiment's Catholic and Protestant contingents were demarcated on church parades. One Sunday, the men formed up and the RSM bawled: 'Catholics on the right! Protestants on the left! Fall out!' As the soldiers fell into the appropriate ranks, one man was left standing there alone. 'What are you doing standing there?' the RSM thundered. 'I'm…I'm Jewish, sarn't major.' quavered the unfortunate soldier. The RSM proved equal to this conundrum. 'Protestant Jew or Catholic Jew?' he demanded.

Absolute classic! Reminded me of far too many SNCOs of my acquaintance over the years.

My latest for my Wiking and Nordland library....should have them by tomorrow!

IMG_20170328_113654.jpg

IMG_20170328_113555.jpg

Gentlemen,

Earlier this month I bought a copy of Fighter Aircraft Performnace of WW2 A Comparative Study by Erik Pilawskii.
The book gives calculated numbers for turn radii,acceleration and specific excess power, as well as other data for about 150 selected fighter aircraft. My questions are:

Do any of you have a copy of the book?
if you do,
What do you think about the accuracy of the data that is published?

I have found that some of the speeds claimed, especially for the speeds of the American fighters on the low side.

Any feedback on the book is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Eagledad

Very nice selections. These 2 books pop up in my searches every now and then and I'm wondering if anyone has them.

6262-63.jpg

I believe between them there are over 600pgs.???? Are these documenting every single German helmet produced during WWII?

Last edited:
Damn lot of helmets, sorry don't know anything about those books. From the title I was thinking the books where only on German helmets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back