A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed,

latest with a kit as well....
FAOW_K5Y1 Willow_5021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great purchases. Always wondered how the Hudson faired in combat. Seem like one of the least modified commercial aircraft to take on an offensive combat role.

Was toying with that last book, but was put off by it's age and drawings (?), should I reconsider?

The Hudson seems to have done pretty well in combat and has a number of combat firsts to its name, including being the first UK-based RAF aircraft to shoot down an enemy aircraft (who'da thunked?).

The Thorpe book is still worth having despite its age. Even though some info has been superseded, it remains the best source of info on IJAAF markings. I'm still on the hunt for his equivalent volume on the IJN.

?).
The Thorpe book is still worth having despite its age. Even though some info has been superseded, it remains the best source of info on IJAAF markings. I'm still on the hunt for his equivalent volume on the IJN.

Not sure how much you want to spend but Amazon has a copy like new for 35 bucks right now and very true as being one of the best on the subject as I currently have both

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Japanese Naval Air Force Camouflage and Markings, World War II

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well I might have broken my mail lady, these all showed up at the same time even though they where different sources. Just browsing them for now but if anyone needs more info feel free to ask.

HPIM3238.JPG

I bought this on a recommendation in order to have a German perspective on the debacle that befell German airborne forces during the invasion of the Netherlands, losses in which, particularly well over two hundred transport aircraft, at worse precluded and at best seriously limited any potential airborne operations against Britain in support of Sealion.

IMG_1835.JPG

The translation into English is a bit clunky, but so far it has been a good read, recommended for anyone interested in WW2 German airborne forces.

Cheers

Steve

Some good stuff here, and that's a great find Graeme.

Still waiting for Amazon to deliver 'Achtung Moskito !' ........... ordered 20th January, at about half price. Probably explains why I'm still waiting !

Awesome find there Graeme, Terri I think I would contact Amazon then as I would have thought you would have had it by now. When I order books from the UK it only takes about a month at max unless they are out of books and waiting on more to come in.

I got a message from them, stating they are trying to find stock, and will let me know when the have.
Normal deliveries from Amazon are between 2 days and one week, but in this case I think the delay is due to the low advertised price, £27 incl shipping, when the book alone is around the £50 mark in the UK !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back