A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one just showed up today, ordered it for my son on a possible history project he is doing for school though it will end up in my book case. Really impressed with the size of it. 367 pages, about 10 to 15 color profiles, quite a few pictures of the pilots. Some pictures of the pilots planes and such. Info on units towards back of book. It's basically on Soviet Aces of WWII and Korea.

I may have to read it first LOL. Just finished up the Bombers of Magszam or Marine squadron 611 flying B-25's.

HPIM3324.JPG

I've had a hard time finding really good books on the Soviets pilots, please let us know if it is good.

Me two David, here I scanned a page from the book. I hope you can read it as I didn't want to get the size to big. Almost all the book is written in this format. Depending on ace some have more and some less detail. So far I have found it interesting. Its the best I found so far on the subject.

img093.jpg

Received this book a couple of days ago, I am about half way through it. So far have learned some interesting stuff I did not know on Soviet history like they flew a captured Bf-110 at night to shoot down enemy planes that flew at night as they where landing at there German air bases. Off hand forgot the name of the pilot that flew that plane but funny thing was he was shot down by his own flak and that both the Germans and the Soviets used captured aircraft against each other and how each side came up with methods if they thought they had a enemy plane behind them flying the same aircraft type that they where flying. Author of the book is Vasily Reshetnikov who flew 307 missions behind enemy lines during WWII and the stories of him and his fellow pilots that both lived and died in the war.

HPIM3325.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back