A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some of my recent additions. They're encyclopedias rather than histories but they do cover some interesting details about the formation of the RAF (and its predecessors) and its survival through to the outbreak of WW2:

BirthRAF.jpg

412Dd8WxoaL.jpg

41fa2vsz7wL.jpg

This one came in today. New from Osprey.
I would be interested in any comments on this book. The one review on Amazon isn't very charitable, but it's the only aviation book the reader has on his list.

I would be interested in any comments on this book. The one review on Amazon isn't very charitable, but it's the only aviation book the reader has on his list.
I saw the review and it seems like a lazy review from someone expecting a book full of P51 photos and not interested in the research and development of the aircraft. The book is pretty big, easily an inch in depth. I've attached a few more photos. It's a nice addition to my library.

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_174447.jpg
    IMG_20200728_174447.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200728_174434.jpg
    IMG_20200728_174434.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200728_174404.jpg
    IMG_20200728_174404.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200728_181606.jpg
    IMG_20200728_181606.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I saw the review and it seems like a lazy review from someone expecting a book full of P51 photos and not interested in the research and development of the aircraft. The book is pretty big, easily an inch in depth. I've attached a few more photos. While I haven't read much, so far I like what I see but this is coming from a big Mustang fan.
Wow! Thanks for the photos! Can I please be an assshole and trouble you or a shot of the bibliography? (If you say no, I won't be offended!)

Thanks!!!

No skin off my nose! Here you go.
Thanks for the photos, it pretty much confirmed your comment about the review in question.
I will say that after seeing the breadth of that bibliography? I'm leaving the book on my buy list and disregarding the one review. (I might go so far as jump the book to the front of the line to get in front of the one review if the book lives up to the bibliography.

Thanks for the photos, it pretty much confirmed your comment about the review in question.
I will say that after seeing the breadth of that bibliography? I'm leaving the book on my buy list and disregarding the one review. (I might go so far as jump the book to the front of the line to get in front of the one review if the book lives up to the bibliography.
It's a nice book and you will like it. Unfortunately, I can't leave a good review on Amazon since I purchased it from the Book Depository.

It's a nice book and you will like it. Unfortunately, I can't leave a good review on Amazon since I purchased it from the Book Depository.
You can review on Amazon, they'll just drop it to the bottom, I make a point to read those reviews while looking for something that indicates they actually have the book or read it.

looks like a must-buy!

just arrived from the publisher - two books that I have compiled. Each is 128 thick glossy pages, around 40,000 words, 180 photos, 9 artworks.

Sort of 'Osprey-like' - and with that in mind the text focuses to some extent on those units not covered by Osprey, ie JG 4, JG 11, JG 77 and JG 300

Luftwaffe Day fighter Aces (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back