A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just opened the Kagaero book by Maciej Noszczak, "Brewster F2A Buffalo."

I was very pleased to see that it contains pages showing the detail differences between the various models of the Buffalo, including scale side by side views explaining the different lengths of the nose and cowling.

By the way, the book is available from Hamiltonbook.com for $10.

Last edited:
Really good history.
1596223458141.png

So you like that one, huh Dave? Had my eye on that.

Also the Kagaero books, aren't they in Polish is it? Not that that a non-starter, but hearing your description of the Buffalo book by Maciej Noszczak has caused me to rethink not buying them.

Last edited:
I finally picked up JV44 Galland Circus from a bookstore out of Omaha, NE at a reasonable price considering what they go for. When I got my hands on it, there was a nice surprise inside. Turns out this copy (stamp in picture) was in the personal library of Col. Marvin W. Howell USAF (he passed away in 2019.) I looked him up on memory.loc.gov and found an hour long interview with him. He was B-52 navigator during the Vietnam war and after returning he was promoted to Colonel and led intelligence programs during the Cold War. I'm glad his book made it into good hands that appreciates his service.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_193131.jpg
    IMG_20200731_193131.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200731_192526.jpg
    IMG_20200731_192526.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 38
I finally picked up JV44 Galland Circus from a bookstore out of Omaha, NE at a reasonable price considering what they go for. When I got my hands on it, there was a nice surprise inside. Turns out this copy (stamp in picture) was in the personal library of Col. Marvin W. Howell USAF (he passed away in 2019.) I looked him up on memory.loc.gov and found an hour long interview with him. He was B-52 navigator during the Vietnam war and after returning he was promoted to Colonel and led intelligence programs during the Cold War. I'm glad his book made it into good hands that appreciates his service.

That's a great outcome....:thumbright:

Very informative read.
For any Australians who believe the 1987 parade was the only parade organised for returned Vietnam veterans, check out the front cover - Brisbane, 12 December 1970.

Scan0362.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back