A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How do the two volumes compare to the Cuny and Danel book?

Well the photographes are second to none and the 1/72 scale drawings/plans are more extensive, the only thing that holds it back for me at least is my inability to read French. Even with Google translate, some things I can't figure out. One picture shows a damaged (post war?) LeO with the explanation that a "Hovering Bomb" was the reason.

Last edited:
According to the French Wiki, this is a hovering bomb...

1609357856689.png

Not sure how French Wiki stands up though

And from the web

1609357959647.png

"Hovering Bomb"

No hovering in this one. In fact it falls nearly 6 miles in 43 seconds.
Christmas present from my son, the premise is it counts down the history from 116 days.
One reviewer comments how he includes "everyday Americans" in the narrative - such as Ruth Sisson.
I wasn't sure why in the beginning, but it all comes together in the end.
Great read.

Scan0421.jpg
Scan0422.jpg

I know this thread is about new books in our shelves, but given the knowledge you have I ask for a book about the Martin Maryland and Baltimore, development and combat use.

So far I haven´t find too much, only one Ali d´Italia about the use in the ICAF and one by Christopher Shores wrote in the 70´s.

Does anybody knows of any reference for the issue?

I understand if this post is moved to another thread. Perhaps it could even become a thread by itself asking for books about a subject.

I know this thread is about new books in our shelves, but given the knowledge you have I ask for a book about the Martin Maryland and Baltimore, development and combat use.

So far I haven´t find too much, only one Ali d´Italia about the use in the ICAF and one by Christopher Shores wrote in the 70´s.

I understand if this post is moved to another thread. Perhaps it could even become a thread by itself asking for books about a subject.

AJ PRESS 96 MARTIN 167 MARYLAND WW2 RAF VICHY FRENCH AERONAVALE RN FAA EGYPT MAL

AJ PRESS 97 MARTIN 187 BALTIMORE LIGHT BOMBER ITALY WW2 ITALIAN CO-BELLIGERENT A

I spent a hour searching and only found the one book you mentioned. Not much on this aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back