A new book in my library. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Latest haul, Currently the Tupolev Tu-160 with my son as I shipped it to him to read over spring break.

51uZSMlPLvL._SX397_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
HPIM3615.JPG
HPIM3616.JPG
HPIM3617.JPG

After this book was discussed on the forum, I remembered it had been on my want list long ago. Ordered it and it just came in.

View attachment 662247

The auto focus focused on the grey terrorist.

The grey terrorist is wearing a suitably disturbing scowl. Do you think he/she would be interested in enlisting in the Ukrainian army? Methinks that'd get the Russkis on the run!

She is the smallest, lightest cat to adopt me and insists loudly to go out at night. She has survived road traffic, coyotes, raccoons and what ever other things in the dark with only the dark scar on her upper lip. She showed up at the house Jan 2014.

She is the smallest, lightest cat to adopt me and insists loudly to go out at night. She has survived road traffic, coyotes, raccoons and what ever other things in the dark with only the dark scar on her upper lip. She showed up at the house Jan 2014.

Presents a small target....agile....combat experienced (against larger adversaries). Her resume would seem perfect!

Here's my latest haul.

PXL_20220325_143149633.jpg

I've always been interested in the actions of the Polish Air Force in 1939, and I'm hoping the biographies of Gnys and Skalski will offer some additional insights. The Gnys biography is particularly interesting since it's written by his son.

"No Place for Beginners" has been on my long-term wants list. The author hangs out on Britmodeller and clearly knows his stuff. Unfortunately, the purchase price was simply unjustifiable. Thankfully, I found a copy for less than $35 so I jumped at the chance. An initial look through suggests the purchase was worth every penny. It's a thorough book with plenty of previously-unpublished photos (or at least photos that are unfamiliar to me), as well as colour profiles. It covers the entire defence of Malta from before the war, through the Gladiator years, and on to the deployment of more modern fighters. A small but excellent volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back