A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one arrived earlier this week. Usual Osprey 'Units' style and content, 96 pages, gives a good primer in relation to the development and operational use of the PR variants of the Supermarine Spitfire, with coverage of the main units that used them operationally across the various theatres of operations. It is a big subject to pack into a small book, but hopefully if it sells well might spur the author and a publisher into a more in-depth book on the subject. As distinct from a few other recent releases I have purchased from a couple of other aviation history publishers, well edited and laid out, only found one typo - where I suspect auto-correct changed 'Overlord' to 'Overload'. Was maybe a little light on photos to illustrate some of the key differences between the various PR Spitfire marks, but a good selection all the same. Choice of artwork subjects was also a bit limited and not inspired - didn't include any of the 'pink' hued 'dicers'.

Table of Contents
Introduction
1. An Experimental Concept
2. Early Operations
3. Strategic Recce in Northwest Europe
4. In Support of the Army
5. Overseas Operations
Appendices
- Colour plates commentaries
Index

Overall, if you are interested in the subject matter, well worth adding to your library.

Dear customer

Many thanks for purchasing our new book on the Heinkel He 115. Orders are being processed and you will receive your item(s) soon.

Today it has been brought to my attention that unfortunately there is a printing error. This is entirely the fault of the printers.

The contents page mentions a chapter ten, namely 'The Heinkel He 115 compared to similar contemporary seaplanes', and there are apparent 'missing' corresponding pages.

This is not the case - at a late stage in the design process we decided to eliminate chapter ten completely. Unfortunately the printers failed to realise this. Therefore the pagination skips from pp.325 to pp.330 (which were the pages earmarked for ch.10). This also explains why there are three or four apparent 'extra' blank pages at the end of the book because paper is bought in 'blocks'.

*REST ASSURED THERE IS NO MISSING CONTENT* and what should be there, is there.

The pagination is correct, and the chapters listed on the contents page refer to the correct page numbers.

I would like to apologise for this oversight. We spent literally hundreds of hours editing, checking and checking again...but there is no accounting for errors by other parties. This does sometimes happen in the publishing world.

Once again - the book is exactly how it should be, and contains the exact information we wished to put in the book - there is just a 'ghost' chapter ten!

I hope this does not spoil your enjoyment.

What I might do is to provide the 'missing' chapter online, for free, as a read-only or possibly downloadable PDF file - please bear with me on that point.

Once again, my apologies for these events beyond my control.

Rich at Chandos

Waiting for my copy

Looks great.

How is it, aside the ghost chapter?

Users who are viewing this thread