A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the info Aaron. I hadn't realised it was the Osprey 'vanguard' series - I'll have a look at it.
Steve, sounds like an interesting volume, and should be good with those authors.

Two recent additions

IMAGES OF WAR: Did you know that they made a "plastic" Spitfire fuselage as a backup for metal shortages? Well now you do. Buy the book to see the pictures.

CONSOLIDATED MESS: Absolutely love this book! All the silly little details that an airplane nerd like myself can geek-out to. Can't wait for the promised Vol 2!

Last edited:
Saw that 'Images of War' on offer at 'The Works', a discount book store and on-line chain in the UK, and was considering getting it. I knew about the 'plastic' Spit, there's photos of it in a couple of my Spit books.
Glenn gave me the details on the B-24 book, which I'll be ordering next week - unless I see a copy at Duxford air show on the weekend !

Well dang, nothing against the British aircraft, but that would be a great format for U.S. German aircraft!

I agree. I love production photos, but honestly this book left me a little bit flat. Some of the picture have the appearance of being "lifted" from newspapers of the day. Not as crisp as say production pictures in FlyPast of Aeroplane magazine.

Yes Terry, it is a must have...

Users who are viewing this thread