A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Newest arrival today, might be the next one I start after finishing up Rocky Boyers War by Allen Boyer if my copy of South Pacific Air War Vol 2 does not show up first as I finished up Vol 1. To many books to read and not enough time. Wish I could retire LOL.

HPIM3430.JPG

We need a full report Airman!
Very nice and interesting book. With a short explanation of the bomber-war and the Nachtjagd. The Me 262 as night fighter, some biografies of pilots, and a lot other facts. I think the best will be a translated index:
-The bomber-war and the Nachtjagd
-Kurt Welter-Phantom of the Nachtjagd
-The beginnig of the Jet-Nachtjagd
-The Me 262 as nightfighter
-Timetable
-Summer 1944
-September 1944
—Short biography of Lt. Karl Mitterdorfer
-October 1944
November 1944
—Rechlin: Nightfighter-testing of Me 262
—Kurt Welter: Mystery about the first night air victory
December 1944
—Short biography of Fw. Karl-Heinz Becker
-January 1945
February 1945
—Excursion: Airmen as transfer pilots
—Excursion: Visit report of Fritz Wendel
—Short biography of Uffz. Friedrich "Fritz" Neppach
-March 1945
—Focke Wulf Ta 154: The "german Mosquito" as night fighter
—Short biography of Lt. Georg "Jorg" Czypionka
-April 1945
—Short biography of Lt. Herbert Altner
—Excursion: Attack of the 8th USAAF on Burg at Magdeburg
—Excursion: Aerial fight near Lübeck in the morning of Apr. 4th.
-May1945
—Short biography of Lt. Kurt Lamm
- The Me 262 of 10./NJG 11
-"They shall not grow old...." (short biographies of the german, english, and american pilots that fighted in this night fights from late summer 1945 until the end)
-Appendix A: Some maps with the penetrate courses of the Mosquitos
-Appendix B: German flight logbooks
-Appendix C: List of pilots and radio operators of 10./NJG 11 (as they are known)
-Appendix D: Military ranks of Luftwaffe, RAF and USAAF.
-Appendix E: Notations of target marks
-Index (Names, places and aircraft with registrations or serialnumbers)

I hope I got all the right english words (if not please tell it me) :idea: and you like it.

Last edited:
Flicked through it Paul, looks interesting.....BUT got to finish Eagles of the Southern Sky first then on to South Pacific Air War Vol.2, then Carrier attack.

Ive got volume one read, I think by end of week vol 2 arrives, then maybe carrier attack. Still have two other books start that I need to finish first lol

Cheers Paul.

I read SW Pacific Vol. 1 first then Eagles even though I'd had Eagles for quite some time, turned out reading SWP.1 first then on to Eagles fitted the overlap of the timeline of the period best. I'm into the back end of Eagles now so should be onto SWP.2 soon.

Yesterdays latest arrivals.

Wayne, I finally got my South Pacific Air War Vol 2 yesterday. Hoping to start it today as low is suppose to be -26 degree's with the wind chill. Good day to stay around the fire and read a good book.

The Search That Never Was is about the search for missing Americans in the Pacific during WWII. About half the book looks to be about the loss of the authors uncles B-24. The rest of the book covers missing American aircraft and there crews from what I can see flipping through the pages.

HPIM3431.JPG
HPIM3432.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back