A step back in history: Albatros DVa from Wingnut Wings models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice indeed Alberto, and I wouldn't worry about the overlap, it very probably happened in 'real life' if pre-printed fabric was used to cover the wings.

After some time I put again my hands on the Albatros.
Firstly I ordered a new sheet of rib tapes, the other one was very brittle, I don't know why.

Here some pictures starting with upper surfaces

DSCN1397.JPG
DSCN1393.JPG
DSCN1390.JPG
DSCN1389.JPG
DSCN1398.JPG

Very colourful indeed!

Lower surfaces, here most of the pink rib tapes are still pending

DSCN1395.JPG
DSCN1391.JPG

Cheers
Alberto

Beautiful!
It's made me want to build an Albatross and a SE5A, although I have neither the time, or space to display them - and already have far too many un-built kits.

Wonderful job so far, the alleged error even noticed. I agree with the comments from peers.
It looks beautiful !!

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Wonderful job so far, the alleged error even noticed. I agree with the comments from peers.
It looks beautiful !!

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Saludos Luis Carlos,
Many thanks for your nice comment. But let me understand, which alleged error are you referring to? May be I can correct it.
Alberto

Saludos Luis Carlos,
Many thanks for your nice comment. But let me understand, which alleged error are you referring to? May be I can correct it.
Alberto

Hola Alberto, I refer to the comment you made in your post # 99 (Feb.23'2015) by overlapping the decals from the lower surfaces making it obvious. Terry said it was also likely to happen in "real life".
I again congratulate the formidable paint job and finishes you're making in your Albatros.

Cordiali saluti. :thumbup:

Ok, I understand now.
By the way I found that the pink tape is opaque enough to cover any overlapping blue tape and that is very good.
Alberto

Beautiful work. It makes me want to tackle a WW1 subject but I don't think I would ever do it as well as this.

Slåinte,

Gerry

Some more work done.
turn-buckles positioned on lower wings and the latter glued in place.
Engine in place as well.

DSCN1409.JPG
DSCN1408.JPG
DSCN1407.JPG
DSCN1406.JPG
DSCN1405.JPG
DSCN1404.JPG

A lot of details, including MGs still to be added.
It will be funny to get a good alignment between turn-buckles an rigging, will see ...
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back