A step back in history: Albatros DVa from Wingnut Wings models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hello everybody,
I know that this is a bit O.T., because the title of the forum is "WW2aircraft", but I hope you will pardon me for this deviation.
During Summer I started the very nice kit mentioned in the title, here some photos of what has been done so far:

DSCN1108.JPG
DSCN1109.JPG
DSCN1110.JPG
DSCN1111.JPG
DSCN1112.JPG

My previous experience with oils, used to paint figurines, helped me a lot to try to replicate the wood grain, I hope you like it.

Some more will follow soon.

Alberto

My previous experience with oils, used to paint figurines, helped me a lot to try to replicate the wood grain, I hope you like it.

Alberto

When I saw the wood grain I thought " that guy paints miniatures " :D

Really nice work...

Good stuff Alberto and thanks for dropping in again. Those Wingnut kits are really nice and you are certainly doing it justice. Looking forward to seeing more.

Hello,
I did a little step forward: added some details to the Daimler - Mercedes D.III 180 hp engine:

DSCN1122.JPG
DSCN1123.JPG
DSCN1124.JPG
DSCN1125.JPG

for the spark-plugs cabling I used a material new to me "wire for fishing flies". I decided to use a yellow-orange as shown on a rebuilt aircraft, but they could also be black.

I also decided (almost) the final appearance: it will be one of these:

Martin Klein 1918.jpg
Albatros_DVa_Hippel.jpg

The big challenge will be to apply the lozenge camou decals, will see ...

Alberto

Alberto
What a great paint job, and the work that you have put in the engine has left him tremendous. :shock:
Attentive of follow, around here I still pending.

Saludos cordiales :thumbleft: :thumbup:

So,
before closing fuselage halves and so hiding most of my detail work :shock::shock:, I too a few more pictures of the complete work:

DSCN1136.JPG
DSCN1135.JPG
DSCN1134.JPG
DSCN1137.JPG
DSCN1131.JPG
DSCN1130.JPG
DSCN1129.JPG

first four pictures also show the rigging I tried to add.

And here is what will be visible afterwords:

DSCN1128.JPG
DSCN1127.JPG
DSCN1126.JPG

I hope you like what has been done so far.

Alberto

It is a beautiful work !! :shock:

It is a delight to enjoy the details. :p
Congratulations Alberto :thumbup:

Queremos más!!! :notworthy: :greenjumpers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back