A suggestion ref 'spam' threads (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Can I suggest that all these 'spam' threads trying to flog dodgy shoes etc etc, be deleted as well as having the authors banned ?.

If the thread stays, then us Forumites will tend to read it. Far better I think to have them removed straight away....word would soon get around that you dont mess with our Mods !!!

We remove them and ban the senders - sometimes we'll let one stand so the submitter will see our little edit job. It has actually been quite effective.

There's many of these removed before most of the membership sees them.

Ooops, thanks for the update !

I'll scuttle back to my corner and put my Noob hat on....if I'd been a member longer, I would have known this :oops:

Errrrr, please feel free to bin this thread as well.

More pay for the Mods !

:lol: no worries!

Many get remomoved to the electronic trashbin. Some stay around as amusement. There are bots that spam too, and us mods like to keelhaul them a bit not for real punishment, but just for entertainment.

For the better part, we encourage members to flag spammers or Ahole posters. It's always a bit of sport in ensuring that our members are not insulted or subject to solicitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back