AB 212 ASW - Italian anti submarine Helicopter - From the Dragon kit in 1:35 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hello everybody,
besides my Mig 21 still waiting to be completed, I was fascinated by a very different subject, this Helicopter
so I purchased the Dragon kit for the UH-1N

Major issues are that there are many differences between the two, so a lot of scratch building is necessary.
The list includes:
- The big radar dome
- New doors
- The sonar bell and several search and control instruments
- Emergency inflatable floats
- External winch
- And, eventually, two A244/S torpedos
Next post will show some w.i.p.
Hope you will like them
Alberto

Some more work done on this project: opened the aperture on the belly, modified the radar dome in order to get a better correspondence with the drawing, added a new item in the cockpit and the first seat with belts and produced a first scratch-built prototype of the A244/S torpedo.

HI everybody, due to the Coronavirus threatening everybody, we stay almost all time at home, so I have more time to dedicate to modelling, therefore this project is progressing, some pictures here following, starting with the office now complete. 9th picture shows the area where the internal winch and some other equipment are located, but will be not visible because rear left door is normally in shut position.
Hope you will like them.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread