Dazzled 1/48 NA-91 / P-51A? kit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think I;m almost finished, got the prop painted!!!!!
P-51A Dazz 16.jpg

Delusional I know.

Thanks guys.
Installed the cannon covers, getting ready to paint the wings.
Will be painting tops and under surfaces before attaching.
To align I drilled a couple of 2.7mm holes spaced as entry point
in the wings. The little one on the bench was .6mm out of line!
P-51A Dazz 17.jpg

Sorry Bill I haven't added the another correction to your pic in the post above but I was tired and just forgot. :( Here is the image with the correction. The landing lights at the wing leading edge were repositioned for the Mustang Mk.Ia. You may find it in the Dazzle Mustang pics on the first page of the thread. The lights were located near the guns. See the shots below. The existed slot for it at the port wing has to be removed and the new one has to be made closer to the outer gun. The same for the starboard wing although there is no need to remove the existed one because there just isn't the slot for the P-51B mustang model. Actually the shape of the top air intake to the carburater should be also slightly corrected , But it depends on you only if you do this.

mkI correction.jpg

Mustang MkI markings_b.jpg

Mustang MkI markings_c.jpg

Mustang MkI markings_a.jpg

Sorry Bill I haven't added the another correction to your pic in the post above but I was tired and just forgot. :( Here is the image with the correction. The landing lights at the wing leading edge were repositioned for the Mustang Mk.Ia. You may find it in the Dazzle Mustang pics on the first page of the thread. The lights were located near the guns. See the shots below. The existed slot for it at the port wing has to be removed and the new one has to be made closer to the outer gun. The same for the starboard wing although there is no need to remove the existed one because there just isn't the slot for the P-51B mustang model. Actually the shape of the top air intake to the carburater should be also slightly corrected , But it depends on you only if you do this.

View attachment 785091

View attachment 785076
View attachment 785077
View attachment 785075
You................ are the man. Looked at everything I had, and yours.
It sure is a miss on my part. But little details, these glare, are
my nemesis. Was getting ready to paint the wings. Maybe
a bit later! Thanks for all your help!
My word Bill, is it never ending. :lol: :thumbright:
On this one as many of mine are never Out of the Box seems your statement is right on the button!

Okay................. I am onnit!!!!!!!!!!
Drilled a little hole, bored out a Bigger hole.............
P-51A Dazz 18.jpg
Turned the end of some sprue in my Dremel.
Inserted in the Bigger hole. Cut, filed and a bit of sanding.
P-51A Dazz 19.jpg
BAM............. two landing lights. Need to fill the kit hole!
P-51A Dazz 20.jpg
Thanks for the headsup Wojtek. I think it's There now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back