Academy 1/48 MiG 21 MF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The cockpit interior - the emerald ( turquoise)

These colours below ... no rule ( all depended on time and available paint ) :
the wheel bay door - silver , olive green ( Humbrol 226 ) , grass green or grey.
the front airbrakes - silver , olive green ( Humbrol 226 )
the rear airbrake - silver, grey,

My pleasure.

The paint for the cockpit can be :

Vallejo Model Air - Cockpit Emerald Green Faded 71.331
AK Interactive RC206 - Russian Cockpit Turquoise
Xtracolor X629 - Soviet Interior Blue/Green
MIG 223 - Interior Turquoise Green
MRP 001 - Russia Turquoise Cockpit
Modelmaster 2135 - USSR Interior Blue-Green
AeroMaster 1270 - Warpac Cockpit Blue Green

Most of the MiG-21s I seen brought into the US had the wheel bays gray, all door and speed brake interiors silver as mentioned by Wurger. Cockpit turquoise. I guess it varies by operator as well and any field maintenance done on the aircraft by the operator.

Good one Karl.
It's a nice kit, although I built their PF version, which is basically the same kit with different parts for the nose section, and it went together without problems from what I remember. It's the one in the cabinet in the bedroom you use when you visit.
When you come to paint the model, a good way to simulate the "aluminium" paint finish used is to mix a little gloss white with the silver, which gives that "coated silver" appearance, as shown on my model below.

Yes , that's the grey coat there. At that time the paint of a couple of different tones ( from light grey to almost white ) was used for the general overhaul. The second pic of the kite posted in #1, shows the grey colour clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread