Academy 1:72 Messerschmitt BF-109G6 (American Captured)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
here she is! unfortunately, the prop won't spin cos I accidentally broke off the rod, but it's ok tho. not the first prop I screwed up.

05c7f742.jpg

9d1d27d6.jpg

d7479bfc.jpg

and it took a few shots, but I think I got it...the business end of a 109! >8D
c09cc37f.jpg

haha! why did I know you were gonna be the first one to comment? XD

anyways, thanks, dude! :D

Good Rob. So what it wont spin, it nots like your going to play with it! [I hope not!] :D

lol thanks, man. and no, I never play with my models :lol:

Good on ya Rob! What was the reason for the red control surfaces? "Friendly" recognition scheme?

I'm not really sure what they were for. but I just did what the profile said I should do. lol

lol thanks, man. and no, I never play with my models :lol:

Well then where in the hell is the fun in that?! I do!! Hell I even make engine noises. :lol:

So you are using a pic(s) to estimate your paint/decal work? If not, I would suggest some neutral grey paint where the crosses reside to crudely simulate their being over painted prior to application of the stars and bars. Would make for a more realistic look, me thinks.

Keep em comin'!

Nice one Rob. I don't know for sure, not having seen the reference pics, but if this was the Bf109 'liberated' by the 56th Fighter group, then that could account for the red-coloured control surfaces. The 56th also used a Heinkel III, painted in 'their' colours, and this is the aircraft that now resides in the RAF Museum, Hendon, England.

Well then where in the hell is the fun in that?! I do!! Hell I even make engine noises. :lol:

So you are using a pic(s) to estimate your paint/decal work? If not, I would suggest some neutral grey paint where the crosses reside to crudely simulate their being over painted prior to application of the stars and bars. Would make for a more realistic look, me thinks.

Keep em comin'!

lol i shoulda thought of that, but tis a little late, now since I sealed it with dullcote. tis ok tho, I'll think about that next time I do a captured aircraft :D

and that's very facinating info, Terry! thanks! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back