Adelaide Model Expo (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

New category...Vietnam to present day Modern jets Medium Scale

starting with a BAE Hawk..First Place

Attachments

• 1_BAE Hawk_7893.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 1_BAE Hawk_7894.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 1_BAE Hawk_7898.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 1_BAE Hawk_7935.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 71
Was thinking the same Terry and maybe a semi-gloss finish. Could also be the texture of the plastic as well, as you know Airfix often give a rough surface finish.

Agree, but no excuse. Get the paint finish right first, and then get the desired sheen, gloss or whatever to the right 'look' and scale. Otherwise, all the work which has gone before is totally negated by the overall appearance.
It's basically good, nearly very good ( couple of decal alignment problems perhaps?), but how the h**l did it get first place?!!

Amen brother. If the Hawk paintjob (union jack) was done by hand I can get the bias. But the base coat looks like hell for 1/48th. It looks like the modeller dipped a toothbrush in the color and quickly rubbed his finger to spit it on the model.

[Sorry. My modelling skills are are well sub-par to that gentlemen, but the mistake is so basic that I can't help but faulting the poor gent.]

I think it might actually be the final gloss clear coat (too gloss for scale), possibly sprayed from a rattle can. Has all the appearances of the effect of high pressure and lack of control, typical of an aerosol.

Users who are viewing this thread