Adler's daily dose of Metal

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No probs on the misplaced post...I thought it was kind of funny...I was thinking at first "oh crap...what did I say last night that got my post erased?" then I saw what happened :lol:

Anyway, I knew that Metal was still very popular in Europe, but while I was in Bulgaria, I was really surprised at how much the culture is still alive and well...matter of fact, when I first got there, ads were everywhere in Sofia for Korn and Prodigy (scheduled during the time I was in Italy, unfortunately) and while they aren't metal, they were still getting quite a bit of attention...much more so than they would here in California, for example.

On my next vist to Bulgaria, we're going to stop by the Ronnie James Dio memorial.

Today's daily dose of Metal...

Overkill - Elimination
Album: The Years of Decay (1989)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMCka5bBdU

Overkill-TheYearsofDecay.jpg

Last edited:
Slayer :
War at the warfield then Still reigning.
What technic/sound/beat/energy Bostaph had less over Lombardo ? Why kicking him out ?
Over...
Maybe now a coffe and Thin Lizzy...
Sydney, with Phil, Scott, Mark and Gary having so much to prove and such pleasure playing here.
Yeah, boys are back...
Will be nice.

Last edited:
Talking about Lombardo re-joining (for Christ Illusion I guess) and Bostaph being kicked for it. donnot really know why, maybe the old friend finaly being happy coming back home, and old friends happy seeing him willing to join back.
But : is he a better drummer for slayer than Paul ?
Another matter of taste.
I prefer Paul for his "locomotive beat"

I think they are both great drummers. I prefer Lombardo though. I liked his relentless brutal drumming. I personally rank him as one of the best metal drummers ever. Lombardo actually rejoined back in 2001 I believe.

2001 or 2002 not sure.
They are greats !
Yes, Dave is brutal.
Paul is more physical, maybe less musical, but i love his very heavy fat drum sound.
didn't Dave rejoined Slayer more than once ?

Anyway he's'a great musician,drumming seasons in the abyss.
No more no less.
Minutes seems like days, since fire rules the skyes, the rich becomes the beggar, the poor became the wise...

Seasons in the Abyss is my favorite Slayer album.

Yeah Dave left the band in 1986, but rejoined the band in 1987. He left because of money reasons. He then left the band again in 1992, and rejoined the band in 2001. That time he left because he did not want to tour.

A perfect song, slowly creating such a dark atmosphere then delivering furious and groovy rythms.
Cannot understand why Slayer cut arpeggios intros or even allmost never plays songs with arpeggios intros in concert.
The fury sure remains, but i think the mystery's lost.

Good album! :thumbleft:

I was thinking about this thread over the weekend, and I actually dug under the bed and drug out my cassette collection that has albums dating back to the late 70's (didn't play them, I haven't in years) but it sure took me back to some good memories! :thumbleft:

This is quite a mix of metal you listen to Alder. My tastes are more old school; Black Sabbath, Blue Öyster Cult, Judas Priest and so on. Just wondering if you've heard of a band called "Unleash the Archers". The guitarist/vocalist is a friend of my son and was also raised in this little town. They've released a couple of CDs and EPs, but not my cup 'o tea.

Geo

This is quite a mix of metal you listen to Alder. My tastes are more old school; Black Sabbath, Blue Öyster Cult, Judas Priest and so on. Just wondering if you've heard of a band called "Unleash the Archers". The guitarist/vocalist is a friend of my son and was also raised in this little town. They've released a couple of CDs and EPs, but not my cup 'o tea.

Geo

I prefer the older stuff from the 70s and 80s (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath), but I listen to it all, and from all eras.

No I have not not heard of "Unleash The Archers".

On to today's daily dose of metal...

Fear Factory - Archetype
Album: Archetype (2004)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogb5ay5MWXo

Fear_Factory_-_Archetype.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back