Aichi E 13 Jake

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

roman64krawczyk

Airman 1st Class
Dec 13, 2020
Aichi E 13 Jake Nichimo 1:48
Report from the construction of Aichi E 13 Jake, Nichimo 1:48 Why the model released in 1970? Because there is no other. This basic Japanese seaplane has only one release on such a popular four-eight scale. It's a wonder. Nichimo released him as a toy propeller-driven electric motor. The model has no cabin interior and this strange division of the model. Forced battery replacement from the motor.

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image005.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image006.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image007.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image008.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to glue the two halves of the hull and glue the top of the cabin and cut the hull along to have a classic hull. The idea can be good and your life. The plastic was old and very fragile. Here are photos from cutting out the interior.

Attachments

• kk1.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 48
  • kk2.JPG
    574.5 KB · Views: 42
With this repair using a glass mat, you need to do it in such a way that the mat is laid on the inside and only soaked with CA glue. Not the other way around. When the mat is impregnated, before it is pressed it will wrinkle and will be replaced. Tested. At first I wanted to glue a thin plate to the resin, but this one was too springy. A way worth recommending.

I gently cut the model in half with a razor ball. I have a classic two halves, where the hull is leveled without any faults or shifts.

Attachments

• kad5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • kad4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
Before gluing the ribs I made new lines of sheet metal division and riveting. Then I grew it all with Tamiyowski Panel line accent color. Then everything is clearly visible and there is time for corrections.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what color to paint the interior of the cabin. Hasegawa in its 1:72 model proposes H 63 metallic blue green. The materials available by The Maru Mechanic, photos of the cabin suggest that it is matt. What colleagues do you suggest.

Attachments

• tablica5.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 50
  • tablica9.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread