Aircraft Identification Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is, but I chopped it off otherwise it would have been so easy to find out! :wink:
 
I'm not gonna bring you some pict because i'm having some problems whit sending new one. but I gonna give you a question of what type of plane I'm talking about. here it goes.

This plane was know by one of the axis as the whispering death.

What plane did they refereed to?
 
Grampa said:
I'm not gonna bring you some pict because i'm having some problems whit sending new one. but I gonna give you a question of what type of plane I'm talking about. here it goes.

This plane was know by one of the axis as the whispering death.

What plane did they refereed to?

Beaufighter. Those sleeve valve engines were quiet.
 
Yep, definitely the Beaufighter.
 
cheddar cheese said:
I thought it was the Japs who called the Beau "Whispering Death"?

But it has to be the Beau.

"This plane was know by one of the axis as the whispering death."

CC, Japan was part of the Axis.
 
 
It may have been deadly, but it certainly wasnt pretty ! :spider:
 
correct it's the Beaufighter whit those sleeve valve engines.

Ok try this pic.
It made also a record.
 
Sorry.
seems to have some problems here!
 
Forget the recordbrakin plane. here something else and it only went far as a prototype
 

Attachments

  • x2-plane_483.jpg
    x2-plane_483.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 478
  • x2-plane_126.jpg
    x2-plane_126.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 477
The Beau was deadly but didn't look pretty, it just looked deadly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back