Aircraft Identification Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had that one before. Almost looks like an oversized GB racer.
 
Guess I need to make this harder then. Who would build a replica of such an ugly aircraft?

mystery0073.jpg
 
Oh my god that is hidious!!
 
yes that's the only prototype, P1758, she was infact designed alongside the Airapeed AS.39, funnily enough, for the carrier born fleet shaddowing role, and the picture is of the plane later in her life, as she was originally fittet with a triple tailplane unit...........

blackwolf you are aware that the picture you have posted is of the Airspeed AS.39?? i'm sure you are aware it's just that you didn't make it very clear.........
 
Yes its ugly, but oddly small for a four-engined aircraft. Any ideas why they just didn't use 2 engines? Added safety in case of malfunctions?

a63pic5.jpg


I hope this is a bit harder.. if not I'll have to get some really obscure aircraft.
 
the lancaster kicks ass said:
blackwolf you are aware that the picture you have posted is of the Airspeed AS.39?? i'm sure you are aware it's just that you didn't make it very clear.........
Yes I'm aware. And I think that the statement "Not to be confused with the Airspeed AS.39 Fleet Shadower... " followed by the photo of same should have made it very clear to all involved. But I should know better than to assume such things here in the playground...


Fade to Black...
 
there's no need to be like that, for all i know you might have been posting annother picture of what you thought was the GAL.38, i was only checking........

and if you don't like the "playground", you don't have to post here........
 
He was right about it being a playground :shock: :lol:


Im intrigued by red admirals aircraft though. Stuka canopy, parasol wing, twin tails...even weirder than the P.12 :lol:
 
This is a tough one, I cant find anything even close to it.
 
I'll leave it a bit longer before you all admit defeat :) Unfortunately I've restocked my hard drive with even more obscure planes...
 
Is it a Gotha?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back