Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hi Misters here a not very know plane.
Do You know it. Graeme must be easy for You.

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 137
Good job, Emilio. The only thing stranger than the name was the fact that they got two pilots willing to "test fly" it. They were both killed before the end of the runway.

That's a good lookin' plane, pat.

Sorry guys going to interupt with a real time one took this from the porch today and I think they are F18's but am not sure so I came to the experts thought the T38's wer ret'd

Attachments

• genny 2008 1.jpg
    genny 2008 1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 125
You mean Northrup F-5? I too debated that. Hard to tell from the pic. But the long nose and no apparent rails on the wingtips was what made be decide. But in reality it could be either.

Northrup F-15.

No he was reffering to Graeme's pic: Northrop F-15 Reporter (a WWII recon aircraft, variant of the P-61)

Yep. the Northrop F-15 Reporter.

This one, 'The Missing Link', flown by Lt Anthony T Linkiewicz, has an interesting history. In his words...

"One of the more memorable photo missions that I participated in was taking pictures of the entire Bataan Death March route. The death march photos were supposed to be used by the War Crimes prosecutors in Toyko to prove that water was available for the prisoners along the route. We never heard the results of our work, but hopefully we were able to contribute."

Once again, I'm familiar with a plane because I built an R/C model of it. My F-15 was done in USAF "Project Thunderstorm" colors, mainly because I was a USAF weather guy. Don't have any scanned-in pictures, though, as it wasn't one of my best efforts. Besides the movers destroyed it when we were transferred to Germany (Funny, that. They destroyed my 42" F-15 and severely damaged a 36" wingspan non-scale acrobat, but my wife's 2 meter glider came through totally unscathed!).

BTW, the "F" was due to that being used to designate photo-recce planes during the war.

CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back