Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Graeme, is that the N-82, or YF-89F? I have read about the project but never seen a picture.

Graeme, is that the N-82, or YF-89F? I have read about the project but never seen a picture.

Hi Wayne.

Yes. The F-89F. Don't have much on it other than it reached the mock-up stage and was cancelled due to "technical problems involving the use of nuclear weapons". The huge mid-span mounted tanks housed the main landing gear, fuel and missiles. Unlike the Scorpion the fuselage was faired straight back from the front cockpit and the one-piece stabiliser was attached to the fuselage.

No. 4 is a Bristol Blenheim, early version (Mk.I) with the short nose.

No. 5 looks very much like an EE Lightning ("climbes like a homesick angel")

And No. 2 is the prone-pilot Meteor, a prototype (built from a Mk.8 I think)with a second pilots seat in the nose for a prone lying pilot. Winkle Brown told us - when we met him in Munich this summer - that he had great fun giving pilots a ride in the "normal" seat while he was flying in the nose. He said it was great fun pulling G's and the man in the back passed out again and again. And when he landed he was fresh and the the other guy totally exhausted. :lol:

Krabat

I think 3 is the short shetland and I know that 5 is the short SB.5

It could be the Shorts S40 Shetland II, the civilian version with the turret location in the nose deleted....

The Prone Pilot Meteor is on display at the Newark Aircraft Museum, Lincolnshire, UK

1) Emilio

2) Krabat

3) Waynos

4) Krabat

5) Waynos

Germany and Britain...GOLD
Spain......................SILVER
And because you replied wingnuts, BRONZE to us!

ok, can anyone identify this plane?

Attachments

• oneshotimage9.jpg
    oneshotimage9.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 104
How about this one. It once whas a project that had reached the mock up stage, but after an enemy air raid it whas destroyed and for unknow reason the idea of this project was abandoned.

Attachments

• b13.JPG
    b13.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 14b.jpg
    14b.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 125
I'd like to fly the Supermarine 327, though I wouldn't try to shoot the cannons. The propeller tips would get in the way, right? And I don't think the cannons would fit that close together, even when staggered. Would be nice to compare it to the Whirlwind or the much later Hornet though.

Krabat

One of a kind Fokker T.VII-L, land-based version of the T.VII twin-float seaplane. Only one was built, and it was commandeered by the Germans when they overran Holland.CD

Cptn. Dunsel is right Fokker TVIII land based.

Yes to you both.

I have a name and a country of origin for this one, but little else...

Attachments

• mh.jpg
    mh.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back