Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a problem with this plane

So do I Storch. I'll leave that for Emilio!

Hello all,
The streamlined Aussie is the Gross JG-2.

Yes indeed...

JG-2: The first home made jet in Australia | A-P.net
AirCentre Aviation News Digest - April 2006 - Week Three

I'm back after six weeks vacation ...
Here is my (easy) contribution, it should not need any clues:

Welcome Back!

The Edgar Percival E.P.9 or Lancashire E.P.9 Prospector...

I'm pretty sure that one of these was located at Drage's Air World Museum?

One (N747JC) is in the USA with a very interesting past...

Edgar Percival E.P.9 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The E.P.9s in their various guises had a long and successful lifespan as private aircraft, utilized in multi-role STOL operations as an agricultural sprayer, light cargo aircraft, jump plane, air ambulance and glider tug. One E.P.9 even had a more chequered career. Today, registered as N747JC, this particular E.P.9 originally was registered in Great Britain as G-ARTV. Prior to that it was XM819, one of two evaluated by the British Army Air Corps (the other being XM797). It was once owned in the late 1960s by a gang of international smugglers who found it the ideal way to smuggle stolen furs and counterfeit Swiss francs between England and Belgium. Although the criminals were apprehended in 1969, the E.P.9 ended up for sale in Belgium in 1972. After three years of pleasure flying in England, the aircraft was shipped to the United States where it sat in storage in a Wisconsin barn until 1999. After an extensive restoration, N747CJ appeared at Oshkosh in 2001-03. The aircraft currently (summer 2008) is for sale with an asking price of $59,000.

Now, back to the beach volleyball...

Armstrong Whitworth AW.52 ?

2955.jpg

General Aircraft GAL.56, not sure which of the three it is. (but one of the 2 with constant sweep)

Yes. General Aircraft GAL 56/01 "Medium V" (TS507), which had a 28.4 degree sweep @ 1/4 chord. It crashed on February 12 1948, killing test pilot Robert Kronfield.

Is it being towed by the Halifax?

Yes. The 'shadowing' comment was a diversionary tactic. :|

New one...

The Boulton Paul P.92/2?

Anybody remember the name of my plane ??

Because I ask to an other forum and they don't find niether.

Here a picture of what it whas planned to look like

Attachments

• Boulton_Paul_P_92_2.jpg
    Boulton_Paul_P_92_2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 91
Yes.

Models in a glass cabinet in a museum? Where did you find the photo? Did you take the photo Storch?

New one...

Northrop T89 Scorpion?

Yes the photo show a 1/20 models probably.this photo come to the Air and space museum of The bourget next to Paris.And no I don't take this photo but man's woh take it tell me that they named the plane "Albatros" but it's not an Albatros this plane is different.

I depends how accurate the model is. It has the look of the Albatros C.II about it but certain details would have to be wrong for that to be the right answer, and given the obvious care taken in building it how likely is it that the details of the design would be wrong?

I have not yet found an Albatros design in which the forward undercarriage strut meets the interplane strut as it does on that model.

Yes the photo show a 1/20 models probably.this photo come to the Air and space museum of The bourget next to Paris.And no I don't take this photo but man's woh take it tell me that they named the plane "Albatros" but it's not an Albatros this plane is different.

Sorry Storch, no luck. Wayne's comments above make perfect sense. A captioning problem at the museum? I noticed on this site they're having trouble naming the Spad...

http://www.parisdigest.com/museums/museedel'air.htm

Have you tried the Aerodrome Forum?...

The Aerodrome

Northrop T89 Scorpion?

Yeah, F-89D. Which brings me to this. Built to a mock-up stage only...

I depends how accurate the model is. It has the look of the Albatros C.II about it but certain details would have to be wrong for that to be the right answer, and given the obvious care taken in building it how likely is it that the details of the design would be wrong?

I have not yet found an Albatros design in which the forward undercarriage strut meets the interplane strut as it does on that model.

You say all that I want to say!But may be the man who build it he's wrong;Certainly;

thanks everybody for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back