Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Twas a dumb clue Krabat.

Not at all. My mistake. I read about Crossfield in a magazine two weeks ago. I remember when I read that he died in 2006 in a Cessna crash. I even saw the picture in the german Wikipedia! Stupidstupidstupid.:rolleyes: I knew I've seen this guy. :confused:

But I like we way we give "hints". Makes the old wooden gears in the brain turning a different way. :lol:

Krabat

Antonov A-7?

Yeah, it does look like the A-7, but no, it's not Russian.

A handful were made during WWII. Tugs included the Battle, Wapiti, Dakota and even the Spitfire.
It incorporated components from the DH-84 Dragon.

Three versions...

The cutaway is represented by "C" which was an early postwar experiment with the "suction-wing" concept, hence the V-8 and centrifugal fan.

next one...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 106
once again I need some genius , another dilmna from the back yard they went like hell about 10 laps but they didn't get low . there was two of them nut there appears to be 2 xtra fins

Attachments

• IMG_3222 1.jpg
    IMG_3222 1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 124
Yup, definitely looks like it. The R.A.F. version is the Embraer-designed Tucano, built under licence by Shorts of Belfast. I believe the others, Pilatus et al, are also licenced from Embraer. What appears to be two fins I think is light reflecting off the fuselage, plus the ventral fin. A very nice aircraft, BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back