Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a plan of an argentinian trainer FMA-21. Is there anybody who might come up with a real pic? See attachment.
carson1934

U get it!
It was a home built variant of the NA 34 trainer with retractable landing gear!

Attachments

• FMA_ia21.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Argentine_NA-34.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 105
It was the forerunner of the ia22 Dl - from wich one still exist in the national Air Force Museum

Look at that -http://aeronavesendetalle.blogspot.com/2008/09/fma-iae-22-dl-ea-701.html

Its can be a linear engine variant of a Douglas O2MC

Close enough Patoruzu! Here's the tail with the answer written on it. Hence the reason for not uploading it! the Douglas O-25C with the Prestone-cooled Conqueror.
(By the way, thanks for the FMA-21 image!).

(Maybe I should have asked a long time ago, would you prefer not to see line drawings in this thread? Just photos?)

Hi Graeme,
I hoped in vain the soviet monoplane to be quite difficult to find, but you demostrate again to be too much clever... Anyway the source I used was in Cirillyc and the caption said: Moskalev-Itskovich KAI-1
The one for me I think it´s a Hispano Aviación HA-200 Saeta, arrow in English.

Its an Ikarus!I don't remember the exact name but i'm sur that Graeme will give us the complet name =)!

next one...

I've no idea V2. European? Polish maybe? Some clues?

The one for me I think it´s a Hispano Aviación HA-200 Saeta, arrow in English.

Yep, The Spanish Saeta. I thought the rear view might fool you!
Anyway the source I used was in Cirillyc and the caption said: Moskalev-Itskovich KAI-1

My reference is dated (1987) but it describes the photo below as the Aviation Engineering Institute (Kasan) KAI-I which was a touring aircraft of 1935. It carried four passengers, one atypically being in the greenhouse nose.

From this, they (ZV Itskovich?) developed the KAI-3 bomber trainer as per your image. UPB for Uchebnii Perekhodnii Bombardirovschik = "Bomber for transitional training." Of course I may well be completely wrong!

Is there some good fellow who could let me have a clue about the "portly" early british/french (?) jet contained in the URL as above?
carson1934

PS I have difficulties in uploading images

Users who are viewing this thread