Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Would appreciate some information on the tailless glider of which I'm enclosing a pic.
I'd like to know where and when it was built and whether additional images are available.
Thanks in advance for your co-operation
carson1934

I've seen this one before -where I can't remember. Similar to the Armstrong-Whitworth AW52.... (1/2 hr later, still no find : ) )

Any relation to the Hansa Brandenburg W-12?...on trial in Japan?...

By the way good job on the Casper and the Post Nuedorf above!

No idea on the flying wing glider but the surrounds strike me as American?

Hi Graeme,
you almost made it..it is a dutch biplane called Van Berkel WA of which 44 were produced during 1919. I think this company worked under licence from Hansa Brandenburg.
carson1934

I've seen this one before -where I can't remember. Similar to the Armstrong-Whitworth AW52.... (1/2 hr later, still no find : ) )

Thanks very much AMCKen.
If it may help you out in your research I know that it is called "NCR Canada" but nothing more. Any additional information would be really appreciated (of course it could very well be a students' job from a technical high school)
carson1934:( :( :(

who is clever enough to guess the name of this beautiful fighter of the thirties (this is an easy one)?
carson1934

Attachments

• photo_02.jpg
    photo_02.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 88

Hi AMCKen,

have you been able to dig out some information for me concerning the tailless glider? It sounds like being manufactured in Canada.
Thanks very much for your help
carson1934

Hi AMCKen,

have you been able to dig out some information for me concerning the tailless glider? It sounds like being manufactured in Canada.
Thanks very much for your help
carson1934

I believe the label should be 'NRC Canada' rather than 'NCR Canada'. I suspect the 'National Research Council' would be more likely to have built one than the 'National Cash Register' Co.

Yes, I'm thinking Curtiss too. The XP-10 maybe? The gull wing would fit but the cockpit seems to be slightly different, maybe another prototype?

Krabat

Berliner-Joyce P16
Engine Curtiss V-1570
redesignated PB-1 as first entry in the "Pursuit Bi-place" category, which was assigned only twice before someone realized there was much confusion between "biplace" and "biplane"—Consolidated had the PB-2.

Attachments

• berljoy-p16.jpg
    berljoy-p16.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back