Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Modified Wellington??? Is that the 'aerodynamic' remote control gun turret project or is this unrelated?

Yep. Wellington II (L4250) with 40mm cannon and periscopic sight.

According to my laptop Graeme, it's a JPEG image called 'extra text: blank' !

I bought my PC second-hand from ASIO, so that probably explains it.

Can't find a website Carson but I've got an old magazine clipping...

Yep. Wellington II (L4250) with 40mm cannon and periscopic sight.

I bought my PC second-hand from ASIO, so that probably explains it.

Can't find a website Carson but I've got an old magazine clipping...

Thanks very much Graeme and my compliments for your vast knowledge. You are very helpful as usual
carson1934

I refer to my yesterday's post #2914.
From www.aviastar I have downloaded pic bestelli-colombo c-3 (herewith enclosed) which is obviously supposed to be Bestelli-Colombo C/3.
From I have downloaded pic C3-1 (also herewith attached) which is supposed to be Bestetti-Colombo C/3.
Now although technical features of each aircraft match onehundredpercent with both websites (meaning that both websites deal with the same aircraft) the pictures ARE QUITE DIFFERENT!
Is there someone in possession of more photographic evidence of this elusive aircraft able to solve this riddle?
carson1934

Attachments

• bestelli-colombo_c-3[1].jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 81
  • c3-i[1].jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 79

amendment to my previous post.
The third line should read "from I have downloaded etc. etc

I have very little experience over early bombers. Maybe some kind soul might be able to tell me what's the name of the attached pic.
No offense meant but it is ugly enough to be british or french (or maybe italian?)
carson1934

Attachments

• planes_084[1].jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 79
I have very little experience over early bombers. Maybe some kind soul might be able to tell me what's the name of the attached pic.
No offense meant but it is ugly enough to be british or french (or maybe italian?)
carson1934

Don't rack your brains guys I think I found it:
Handley Page "Heyford". Is it correct?
carson1934

what is this? crashed in Germany in 1959/60 - apparently 4-5 guys bailed out. it looks an awful lot like a lockheed tail ------> T-33, F-94 (even a U-2) but the star and bar says no to U-2 I think. Obviously only two per ship so it would have to be a mid air for four to punch out. Otherwise a Gooney Bird?

Attachments

• Heskem3[1].jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 4927[1].jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Heskem5[1].jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 72
I am fairly confident in surmising it to be some model of Dakota, it is obviously too far gone to tell which model purely from sight.

Yes, the Heyford was correct, an ugly but ingenious design in many ways, however, its scary to think that it was still in service in 1939, who says Munich was all about pacifism?

Is there anyone of you gentlemen willing to tackle the job of identifying this italian aircraft after abundant easter luncheon and chocolate eggs galore?
carson1934

Attachments

• doc5.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 69
Is there someone kind enough to help me identify the small jet (executive, trainer, liaison?) herewith attached? It must be french or british...
Thanks in advance guys
carson1934

Attachments

• planes_091[1].jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 73
I am fairly confident in surmising it to be some model of Dakota, it is obviously too far gone to tell which model purely from sight.

With Waynos - definitely a C-47, but in that condition, the only way to tell which model would be by checking records of operational Dakota's in the area at the time, and what missions they were performing.

It's the Hindustan Aeronautics Kiran, Carson.

The one above that looks a little like the Bellanca 28-70?

Hy Graeme,
thanks for the "Kiran" I would have never guessed it.
Concerning the one above it I'll give you some clues: it is definitely italian and was built in 1934 with a view of participating to the London/Melbourne race and...it remained a prototype!
If nobody knows I'll give you her name.
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread