Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GRAEME I guess the PZL 30 as it was an cvil airliner have an fixed Undercarriage

G'day Patoruzu! I've read (happy to be corrected) that the PZL.30 airliner never flew as such, because as you said, LOT had no interest in it and therefore it was completed as a "combat proficiency trainer" which flew in March 1936. This formed the basis for the production PZL.30A Zubr. Possibly either one had the fixed undercarriage? However I can find no mention of it in books. Poor drawings but the PZL.30/BI definitely had a side fuselage wheel well as opposed to the LWS nacelle retracting undercarriage...

Thanks Waynos and thanks Marcogrifo I would really appreciate new denominations for my "push/pull" list which I have recently started.
On the other hand I'm happy to announce that my list of "contrarotating props" is going very well with new additions trickling in.
I'll soon update it
Cheers
carson1934

I'll give you a clue concerning the flying wing: it isn't german and it was a one-off model of the middle thirties.....
carson1934

Looks the the upper drawing, 'port side view' shows the inward retracting gear and the lower starboard shows a rearward gear. ?

Hello gentlemen,

Help required: does the attached image represent a Curtiss-Wright BT/32 "condor"?
There are conflicting views over the identification with a friend of mine.
Thanks in advance
carson1934

OK, guess this:

P.S.: I decided in this case I do not hide the code on fuselage because it shoudn't help so much in guessing the plane (but someone can always contradict me... )

Cheers

Hello gentlemen,

Help required: does the attached image represent a Curtiss-Wright BT/32 "condor"?
There are conflicting views over the identification with a friend of mine.
Thanks in advance
carson1934
Dear carson,
this below is an excerpt from Putnam's "Curtiss Aircraft 1907 - 1947", I hope can help you...

And here below is a detail of your photo, where (barely visible on lower surface of low wing) I can see what IMO is the chinese air force insigna, so that should be the only one plane sold to China. Do you agree?

Cheers

Last edited:
Carson, there were other models also:

Attachments

• TWA_An_-Airline_and_its_Aircraft_[Paladwr_Press]-034.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 164

Hi Marcogrifo,
what a keen eyesight you have...and thanks for pointing it out to me.
I agree with the Chinese insignia
Nicely done
carson1934

Carson, there were other models also:

Hi Verner,
what a fascinating story about Curtiss Condors'!
In my opinion even if it wasn't a milestone in passenger air travel it was an important step in fostering air transportation for the general public albeit it remained in service for just three years.
The picture you have attached must be CO Condor (Mod.53) of 1929; of course comprehensive information may be obtained through Aerofiles
Cheers and have a very nice week end
carson1934

Is it the Nord Norvegie ?(sorry about the guessed spelling but if its right you'll understand )

OK, guess this:

P.S.: I decided in this case I do not hide the code on fuselage because it shoudn't help so much in guessing the plane (but someone can always contradict me... )

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo,
for some strange reasons your post appeared on my PC only this morning and I'm glad you submitted it.
It is the: LAR GR-2 of 1959, product of an unknown (at least for me) italian manufacturer.
The only picture about this A/C I found on Aviastar but no other information.
Any additional information you may have on this aircraft is appreciated
carson1934

What was the final verdict with this one Marcogrifo? The tail looks like a Macchi?

The SFAN 11, Carson.

SFAN 11 -

The Nord NC.856 Norvigie. The tail is different and the SFAN dates back to 1940 (I think).

Concerning my post #3276 it is the SFAN/11, a french liaison and recce prototype of 1940.
concerning Marcogrifo's mystery plane please see my today's post to him.
Cheers
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread