Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wasn't fallowing this thread closely, so if this had been posted before I do apologize.
Could you guess which plane this is? I will only tell you that this plane was never used operationally and only one prototype was build.

Attachments

• draw.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 87
I wasn't fallowing this thread closely, so if this had been posted before I do apologize.
Could you guess which plane this is? I will only tell you that this plane was never used operationally and only one prototype was build.

Possibly the Ikarus Orkan...

Hi Imalko,
yes, I confirm Graeme's recent post, it is definitely an Ikarus "Orkan" from Yougoslavia
Cheers
carson1934

The G.A.L. 38 Fleet Shadower, VB.

Try this one...

Hi Graeme,

well I don't know what it is and have no time to look for it as the missus is calling up for lunch...However I share Marcogrifo's view: it doesn't look jap more british (but I have great difficulties in spotting trainers...)
carson1934

Hi Graeme,
please explain the meaning of the word siggy that I keep on finding in various texts.
No trace of it in my dictionaries and not even in the Merriam-Webster
Cheers
carson1934

Ikarus 232 Pionir (Pioneer). I think

PS But this is really 451 prototype. Evolution of 232 (on photo from Aviacija Srbije i Jugoslavije 1901-1994 - Aviation of Serbia and Yugoslavia 1901-1994).

Last edited:
Well, I'm impressed. I couldn't guess that experimental aircraft build in Yugoslavia would be so well known. You are right - its Ikarus 451 which was post war development of Ikarus Pionir.
Thanks for you comment about my photo Carson. It was taken at Aeronautical museum at Belgrade airport.

Hi Imalko,
please look in the "new thread" section. I have been asking information about Zmay aircrafts.
Maybe you might be the first to contribute, if you're willing to...
carson1934

Ikarus 232 Pionir (Pioneer). I think

PS But this is really 451 prototype. Evolution of 232 (on photo from Aviacija Srbije i Jugoslavije 1901-1994 - Aviation of Serbia and Yugoslavia 1901-1994).

Good afternoon Tzaw1,
you almost made it, just two minutes after me! But tell me something, the picture you have submitted is it really the Ikarus 232 (predecessor of Ikarus 451)? Would you have more pictures of it?
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread