Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, guess this little bird:

WHATISTHIS.png

cheers

It has to be some type of Fokker, or based on a Fokker.

It has to be some type of Fokker, or based on a Fokker.
Sorry, not at all :twisted:

OK, gents, time for some hint:
The little company that built this little bird was american, precisely it was based in NY state. They built and offered to US Army trainers; they had something to do with Keystone.
Guessed?
Still not?

Cheers

As promised here is the picture of Ikarus B-5, the first Yugoslav experimental airplane with pilot in prone position. This aircraft was designed by Dragoljub Bešlin and build in only one example, as prototype for proposed dive bomber, in 1940. After occupation of Yugoslavia in April 1941 this airplane (apparently damaged) was captured by the Germans and its further fate remains unknown.

Translation of the Cyrillic text on the picture:
"Assembly hangar of "Ikarus" before the out brake of World War Two. Ikarus B-5, prototype of indigenous experimental twin-engined light aircraft with pilot in prone position, accompanied with other planes produced in this Airplane factory, IK-2 and Blenheim."

Source: "Naša krila" issue No 15 from September 1997, Photo © Šime Oštrić Collection

Attachments

• Copy of z00001.jpg
    Copy of z00001.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 143
Sorry, not at all :twisted:

OK, gents, time for some hint:
The little company that built this little bird was american, precisely it was based in NY state. They built and offered to US Army trainers; they had something to do with Keystone.
Guessed?
Still not?

Cheers

Fleet, later Consolidated?

As promised here is the picture of Ikarus B-5, the first Yugoslav experimental airplane with pilot in prone position. This aircraft was designed by Dragoljub Bešlin and build in only one example, as prototype for proposed dive bomber, in 1940. After occupation of Yugoslavia in April 1941 this airplane (apparently damaged) was captured by the Germans and its further fate remains unknown.

Translation of the Cyrillic text on the picture:
"Assembly hangar of "Ikarus" before the out brake of World War Two. Ikarus B-5, prototype of indigenous experimental twin-engined light aircraft with pilot in prone position, accompanied with other planes produced in this Airplane factory, IK-2 and Blenheim."

Source: "Naša krila" issue No 15 from September 1997, Photo © Šime Oštrić Collection

Thanks again Imalko for the very interesting and rare picture and above all for taking the time to scan and send this document. I think all concerned have appreciated it
carson1934

LOVE the ferry! Have you notioced that the passengers heads look as if they are painted on? Maybe nobody would fly in it :)

DOH! Two Minutes to late. Yepp, it's a Canberra.
Krabat

Got an new one, not so easy this time:

Krabat

Last edited:
Krabat

Krabat

Being 'just too late' is usually my job. :)

Is it German? DFS maybe? I don't know why I just pulled that outt of my arse, it was just my first thought on seeing the picture

German yes, DFS no. When this aircraft was built, the DFS had already closed its doors a long time ago. I'm such a devious mind. :twisted:
Krabat

Krabat

Krabat

Hi Krabat, welcome back!
Is this a contraption from "Gruse" or "Pützer"? One can't even tell if this was a glider or a motor driven A/C.
And then the colour, hadn't this people a minimum of good taste?
Anyway that's a hard nut to crack for me...
carson1934

It's a twin engine aircraft which actually never flew. The designer and builder was arrested the day before its planned flight. Engines and wheels are from motorcles (I got a bike of this type years ago, maybe I buy it back and restore it just out of nostalgia). And carson, we had a lot of good taste then, but sometimes there are things that are more important than that. :lol:
Krabat

It's a twin engine aircraft which actually never flew. The designer and builder was arrested the day before its planned flight. Engines and wheels are from motorcles (I got a bike of this type years ago, maybe I buy it back and restore it just out of nostalgia). And carson, we had a lot of good taste then, but sometimes there are things that are more important than that. :lol:
Krabat

Notwithstanding your clues I'm unable to identify your post. But I'm curious to know what motorbike engine or wheels it may have used (you said you got one of that type). When I was a kid around 1948-50 my father used to buy and sell war surplus motorbikes mostly german so I was growing up amidst BMW, DKW, Zundapp and the like..that's why I'd like to know...
carson1934

PS Obviously it's neither a Gruse nor a Pützer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back