Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The bike was one of those:

http://www.vennbahn-buecherei.de/mzklassiker/bilder/memz/ts_1.JPG

I would be surprised if you knew it. I had the successor, the ETZ 250:

http://www.christophheise.de/bilder/Motorrad/MZ2.jpg

21 instead of 19hp, 5-speed-gearbox and disc brake. I was sooooo proud then. No comparison to a really modern bike but nevertheless everything a young guy could dream of (apart from the thing with the girls).

The plane still exists. It's in a museum in the same town I live in, arguably the most famous museum for technics and industry in Germany.

Krabat

Hi Krabat,
excellent pictures of fairly old bikes...I also had many of them and those that remained in my heart are a red Gilera, a Ducati and a silver Mondial...
Going back to aircraft matters, I found your picture which is naturally in the Deutsches Museum in München but unfortunately for me I can't identify it yet as it is simply tagged as "glider".
I'll have a further look but I don't think I can come any closer than that...
carson1934

I found your picture which is naturally in the Deutsches Museum in München but unfortunately for me I can't identify it yet as it is simply tagged as "glider". I'll have a further look but I don't think I can come any closer than that...

No problem, I said it is a tough one. Obviously not even "The Great Graeme" was able to find it.

The plane is called "DOWA 81". It was built by an engineer for the purpose to flee the German Democratic Republic with his family - in 1981. They all were arrested the day before the planned flight, so the plane never flew. They were condemned, but a year later pushed off to the Federal Republic of Germany.

The bikes were MZ models, where the engines and wheels came from. Single cylinder two-stroke engines with 19hp.

Deutsches Museum: DOWA 81

Of course the plane would never get an approval to fly - and I wouldn't be the one to fly it - but according to some experts, it would fly.

Krabat

Hi Krabat,
what a moving and interesting story!
As I told you yesterday I found on the web your identical picture but it wasn't properly tagged so "futsch".
Anyway thanks for this challenge Krabat I'm glad you're back
carson1934

Well, I'm back for the next two weeks only, at least if everything goes fine. I'm going to be father in mid July, so I think there will be much time for the forum then. Just doing all the funny things before life gets serious.
Krabat

I haven't heard anything about Marcogrifo's post #3402 from our three musketeers (Wayno, AMCKen and Graeme) therefore I doubt that an outsider may solve his challenge.
In the interim I take the liberty of submitting a new challenge (a much easier one I reckon)...
Cheers
carson1934

Attachments

• dunno2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 133
Well, I'm back for the next two weeks only, at least if everything goes fine. I'm going to be father in mid July, so I think there will be much time for the forum then. Just doing all the funny things before life gets serious.
Krabat

Congratulations Krabat enjoy life till you can, is he a boy or a girl?
carson1934

Congratulations Krabat enjoy life till you can, is he a boy or a girl?

Most importantly CONGRATS on father hood!

Thanks to all of you. It will be boy. I thought, I may also do it right the first time. No, we would have been as happy with a girl too. Maybe the next time.

Graeme, the lost son will send you a PM.

Krabat

Well Marcogrifo I want to give it a try too: Pander Dwith a 30HP Anzani 3A...or not?
carson1934
Nice try, carson, but not, ain't the Pander
This little... baby was in fact the Heath Baby Bullet
It was a "homebuilt" plane (maybe the first of this kind?) and reminds me that little Caproni, do you remember?

Here some info about the Baby Bullet: Heath Baby Bullet

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread