Aircraft Identification V (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is one amazing conversion, all mine were in 1/72!!

In that view it has a resemblance to the Blackburn Firebrand.

I asked the gentleman who owns it a few questions and he said that he was shooting for an 18,000 foot cruise ceiling and enough economy to get from his hometown to Oshkosh and back without refueling and he said it should do it with flying colors from what he's seen so far. He has 14 hours on it so far and a few more modifications to do. I was hoping to at least hear it run but it didn't happen.:( :)

Found this pic on a foreign language site. Greame, what the 'ell is this???? I'm usually good on my LW aircraft but this.......?????

Attachments

• Uja_01.jpg
    Uja_01.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 273
Hello Tzaw long time no hear!
Do you know anything about a polish motor glider called ITS-8W of 1938?
If you have any information would appreciate hearing from you....
Cheers
Carson1934

Thanks Herman for the prompt reply....although it is in polish I'll try to make the most out of it....
Carson1934

Hello Tzaw long time no hear!
Do you know anything about a polish motor glider called ITS-8W of 1938?
If you have any information would appreciate hearing from you....
Cheers
Carson1934

It was a high-performance modification of training ITS-8.
Engine: Ava 4A-00, flat, 4-cylinder, 25 HP, weight: 37 kg, fuel consumption: 8 l/h, fuel reserve: 30 kg
Remains data in datasheet.
Data and illustriations from A. Glass, Polskie konstrukcje lotnicze until 1939, vol. III.

Attachments

• its8w-in-flight.jpg
    its8w-in-flight.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 191
  • its8w-drawing.jpg
    its8w-drawing.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Good morning gentlemen,

Is there someone who could help me out with information and/or pics concerning the [[/B]Mariscraft 185[/B]which was a 1939 aircraft on duty with the air service of the mexican navy? I think this was called also "Minero mexicano" (I don't know why)
Thanks for your help
Carson1934

I am not sure if these are even based on real planes, but I would be very interested to know what you think they are. I came across them on a ride in Walt Disney Studios, Disneyland Paris:

4912741677_253ece0227_z.jpg

4913340658_bf7a860300_z.jpg

perhaps fiberglass mockups created for the movie Pearl Harbor the markings are of that style, the aircraft are P-40N's

thanks norab. I had originally wondered if they might have been a Typhoon variant given that air intake under the prop. However the air intake on the Typhoon was an altogether fatter affair, I should have know better. Having now Googled P-40Ns it would seem that these are reasonably accurate mock-ups.

hi all

here's one for you (from here):
tumblr_kwi3f6QKwb1qzsgg9o1_500.jpg

""The death of a German fighter plane is shown in this remarkable photograph, taken by a Mediterranean allied air forces cameraman, as it was shot apart by a gunner in a heavy bomber of the 15th Air Force in the attack on Budapest, Hungary. ." (1944)"

the quality isn't good, and the time/place/authenticity of the photo is unknown. has anyone come across this photo before?

best guess I can come up with (assuming it is German) would be a Me 210 - but the engines are wrong (assuming they are engines!)

any thoughts most welcome!

Interesting shot. I agree with you that it doesn't look like an Me210. The engines stuck out farther than the front of the fuselage on the 210/410. I can't think of any twin engined German fighters that this looks like but if you held a gun to my head and the caption could be believed, I could be convinced that it's an Bf-110D. It's possible that the tail section has twin rudders, hidden by the elevator and the extension of the fuselage aft of the tail could be the dinghy enclosure. The rounded wing tip put me in doubt though.

hard to judge size because there are no other aircraft to give an idea of scale, but I would nominate one of the heavy dayfighter versions of the Ju-88C
88.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning gentlemen,

Is there someone who could help me out with information and/or pics concerning the [[/B]Mariscraft 185[/B]which was a 1939 aircraft on duty with the air service of the mexican navy? I think this was called also "Minero mexicano" (I don't know why)
Thanks for your help
Carson1934[/

My father Salvador Mariscal Flores was the designer of the line of airplanes that would be known as Mariscraft. The specific name of the airplane you refer to was El Minero Mexicano.
There is little information regarding this plane. I will be happy to tell you all I know about it.

Sal Mariscal
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back