Aircraft Identification V (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ said:
:evil4: I was posted at Fleet industries, For Erie when I was living there - do you know if they're still in business?
The employees are going on its own they closed down Fleet about 2 years ago but the employees took over and are bidding on some contracts with some success

pbfoot said:
The employees are going on its own they closed down Fleet about 2 years ago but the employees took over and are bidding on some contracts with some success
WOW Very Interesting - they built the nose for the P-3...

ID please?

Attachments

• weir%20w6.jpg
    weir%20w6.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 130
I admit to not knowing what it is. No engine, so a sailplane of some description but the wheels are wrong. We tend to come down pretty hard and to have small wheels like that and the weight of the pilot in front your are asking for a ground loop.
Landing out, a not uncommon experience would also be tricky with an undercarridge that would snag on any crops or long grass.

Glider said:
I admit to not knowing what it is. No engine, so a sailplane of some description but the wheels are wrong. We tend to come down pretty hard and to have small wheels like that and the weight of the pilot in front your are asking for a ground loop.
Landing out, a not uncommon experience would also be tricky with an undercarridge that would snag on any crops or long grass.
I have to say you're getting close!

Time for some hints, maybe? Was it a one-off? Undercarriage looks so tiny.

That cabin looks like it could carry a few people.

paaln said:
Time for some hints, maybe? Was it a one-off? Undercarriage looks so tiny.

That cabin looks like it could carry a few people.

It was American, built in the late 1930s, it started life as a "one off," and the company that built it also made conversion kits for tractors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back